Our airline and airline service provider practice is comprised of experienced attorneys with a wide range of backgrounds representing employers in all facets of these industries. We bring to each representation a clear understanding of the business complexities and the often unique legal requirements faced by employers in this sector.
We have significant experience representing both airlines (domestic and foreign) as well as airline service providers which employ an ever-growing number of employees. Some of the specific services we provide include:
- Advising on union organizing and National Mediation Board (NMB) elections, including providing representation before the NMB in connection with election petitions;
- Providing representation in collective bargaining negotiations and mediation;
- Counseling with regard to contingency planning in the event of potential self-help and providing representation with regard to self-help activity;
- Providing representation in grievance arbitration before system boards;
- Establishing and defending the status of airline service providers as “derivative carriers” in proceedings before the NLRB and the NMB;
- Counseling clients on legality and compliance with local minimum wage and labor harmony requirements often uniquely imposed by airport authorities;
- Counseling clients subject to the RLA on their obligations under federal and state wage and hour laws;
- Advising clients in all aspects of preventive counseling, including human resource decisions, application of leave of absence provisions, reasonable accommodations, employee policies, benefits advice and related issues;
- Representing clients in all aspects of litigation, whether employment discrimination, retaliation, whistleblower or claims related to the RLA; and
- Providing a full array of immigration services to clients with employees transferring from overseas to work in the United States.