Anticipating problems, identifying and implementing preventive measures and providing sensitive representation during litigation and labor relations requires knowledge of both the law and the nuances of the automotive industry. Jackson Lewis attorneys—consisting of former senior leaders and seasoned industry veterans—can assist clients with virtually every type of workplace law concern, including such specialized issues as data security and the protection of trade secrets, defending systemic class action claims and compliance with immigration laws and regulations.
Some of the specific services we provide to a number of automotive-related Fortune 50 companies, tier–two and tier-three suppliers, financial institutions and dealers include:
- Advising on affirmative action plan (AAP) preparation and OFCCP audit defense;
- Advising on union organizing, neutrality agreement requests and proceedings before the NLRB;
- Defending and managing charges before the EEOC and all state agencies responsible for the processing of anti-discrimination claims;
- Advising on executive and individual employment agreements, post-employment restrictive covenants and non-compete agreements;
- Providing advice and representation during arbitration proceedings;
- Advising on workforce restructuring and reductions-in-force;
- Reviewing policies concerning leaves of absence, reasonable accommodation and related issues;
- Prosecuting and defending lawsuits involving post-employment non-competition and non-solicitation agreement and other employment-related business torts;
- Handling sensitive internal investigations related to potential Code of Conduct and FEP policy violations;
- Advising on compliance with federal and state wage and hour laws, as well as privacy and data security mandates across the country; and
- Providing diversity counseling as part of an overall corporate compliance strategy.