Jackson Lewis represents an assortment of manufacturers, including manufacturers of food products, office furniture, clothing and textiles, pipes and steel products, beauty and medical skincare products, airplane parts, auto parts, and military defense products. We also have extensive experience representing trucking companies, transportation companies and companies that have both a manufacturing and a transportation component, as well as distribution centers, giving us a deep understanding of the specific issues facing employers in the manufacturing and related industries.
We provide a full range of services to manufacturing industry employers with respect to all aspects of their labor and employment relationships, including litigation, labor and counseling, some of which are detailed below:
- Litigating cases involving allegations of discrimination and retaliation under federal and state law, as well as related tort and contract claims;
- Providing representation in labor disputes, including picketing and strikes, as well as in collective bargaining negotiations;
- Defending wage and hour lawsuits, including class actions involving "donning and doffing" claims, and other off-the-clock work;
- Advising on the range of disability and leave-related issues;
- Providing representation in grievance and arbitration proceedings; and
- Advising on all aspects of workplace safety and health.
We also provide routine advice and counsel on a wide range of matters including OFCCP compliance for federal contractors, wage and hour compliance reviews, drug testing, non-competes, data privacy, and immigration and benefits matters.