Jackson Lewis represents an assortment of manufacturers, including manufacturers of food products, office furniture, clothing and textiles, pipes and steel products, beauty and medical skincare products, airplane parts, auto parts, and military defense products. We also have extensive experience representing trucking companies, transportation companies and companies that have both a manufacturing and a transportation component, as well as distribution centers, giving us a deep understanding of the specific issues facing employers in the manufacturing and related industries.
We provide a full range of services to manufacturing industry employers with respect to all aspects of their labor and employment relationships, including litigation, labor and counseling, some of which are detailed below:
- Litigating cases involving allegations of discrimination and retaliation under federal and state law, as well as related tort and contract claims;
- Providing representation in labor disputes, including picketing and strikes, as well as in collective bargaining negotiations;
- Defending wage and hour lawsuits, including class actions involving "donning and doffing" claims, and other off-the-clock work;
- Advising on the range of disability and leave-related issues;
- Providing representation in grievance and arbitration proceedings; and
- Advising on all aspects of workplace safety and health.
We also provide routine advice and counsel on a wide range of matters including OFCCP compliance for federal contractors, wage and hour compliance reviews, drug testing, non-competes, data privacy, and immigration and benefits matters.
Anticipating problems, identifying and implementing preventive measures and providing sensitive representation during litigation and labor relations requires knowledge of both the law and the nuances of the automotive industry. Jackson Lewis attorneys—consisting of former senior leaders and seasoned industry veterans—can assist clients with virtually every type of workplace law concern, including such specialized issues as data security and the protection of trade secrets, defending systemic class action claims and compliance with immigration laws and regulations.
Some of the specific services we provide to a number of automotive-related Fortune 50 companies, tier–two and tier-three suppliers, financial institutions and dealers include:
- Advising on affirmative action plan (AAP) preparation and OFCCP audit defense;
- Advising on union organizing, neutrality agreement requests and proceedings before the NLRB;
- Defending and managing charges before the EEOC and all state agencies responsible for the processing of anti-discrimination claims;
- Advising on executive and individual employment agreements, post-employment restrictive covenants and non-compete agreements;
- Providing advice and representation during arbitration proceedings;
- Advising on workforce restructuring and reductions-in-force;
- Reviewing policies concerning leaves of absence, reasonable accommodation and related issues;
- Prosecuting and defending lawsuits involving post-employment non-competition and non-solicitation agreement and other employment-related business torts;
- Handling sensitive internal investigations related to potential Code of Conduct and FEP policy violations;
- Advising on compliance with federal and state wage and hour laws, as well as privacy and data security mandates across the country; and
- Providing diversity counseling as part of an overall corporate compliance strategy.