With a proven track record of representing some of the world’s largest pharmaceutical companies, our lawyers have developed sharply-focused knowledge and expertise in the pharmaceutical industry. Our understanding of the business issues facing pharmaceutical clients, combined with up-to-the-minute knowledge of emerging workplace law developments, allows us to craft legal solutions that fit with the client’s culture and business needs.
Our experience counseling employers in the pharmaceutical industry spans all aspects of workplace law, including litigation, labor relations, immigration, benefits, privacy and disability management. Some of the specific services we offer include:
- Conducting internal investigations and advising on the design and implementation of compliance policies, including codes of ethics, that take into account the highly-regulated manufacturing and distribution environment, and comply with the laws of multiple states and countries;
- Defending wage and hour litigation, including cases involving the FLSA's administrative and outside sales exemptions;
- Defending class and collective actions across the U.S. and assisting with preventive measures such as company-wide audits to ensure consistent implementation of pay and promotion policies;
- Reviewing wage and hour policies and practices for compliance with state and federal laws;
- Counseling on restrictive covenants in employment agreements, employee raiding claims, unfair competition claims and other employment-related business torts;
- Advising on all aspects of leave management, including the applicability of relevant laws to outside sales representatives;
- Reviewing employment handbook policies and designing training for management personnel;
- Advising on all aspects of workplace safety and health; and
- Advising on international issues, guided by the Co-Leader of our International Employment Issues practice who formerly served in-house at a major pharmaceutical company.