Many of our attorneys have developed unique expertise advising real estate industry employers—including developers, contractors, landlords, property managers, REITs, investment firms, investment managers and brokerage firms—with respect to the entire array of workplace law matters that can arise in these varied workplaces. With offices spread across the U.S., we are familiar with the local communities in which real estate employers operate as well as the local laws they must follow. We also draw upon our national practice group structure to bring a multidisciplinary approach where appropriate.
Some of the specific services we provide to employers in the real estate industry include:
- Defending Title III accessibility lawsuits and representing employers in compliance investigations and enforcement actions initiated by the U.S. Department of Justice, as well as state and local anti-discrimination enforcement agencies;
- Advising on how to comply with ADA Title III regulations, including conducting surveys of existing facilities and reviewing plans for new construction and/or renovations;
- Advising on labor relations issues for both union-free and unionized employers, including negotiations with unions such as the SEIU;
- Advising on and defending litigation matters, including housing discrimination cases before HUD and state and city agencies;
- Providing advice and counsel on the entire range of workplace safety issues;
- Advising on data privacy and social media issues; and
- Formulating employee benefit programs and providing full-service counseling on employee benefits issues including but not limited to issues arising out of multi-employer pension plans.