Our attorneys bring together vast expertise representing technology and telecommunications employers, ranging from multinational enterprises to startups and emerging companies in the hardware, software, wireless and networking sectors, with respect to every aspect of labor and employment law as well as areas such as immigration, pre- and post-IPO compliance and compensation planning, benefits, and privacy, e-communication and data security. Beyond our knowledge of federal, state and local workplace law, we understand the business issues facing employers in these industries and work together to reach solutions that fit the companies’ particular needs.
Some of the areas in which we represent technology and telecommunications industry employers include:
- Defending the entire range of workplace law-related litigation, including discrimination, harassment, retaliation and related tort claims, as well as class and collective actions across the U.S;
- Providing advice and counsel on and litigating matters involving restrictive covenants in employment agreements, confidentiality, incentive compensation and stock award agreements, employee raiding claims, unfair competition claims and other employment-related business torts;
- Advising on corporate compliance issues, ranging from regulations governing giveaways and other promotions to international issues involving the FCPA and other laws and regulations;
- Advising on the entire range of workplace and customer privacy issues, including proper handling of customer complaints;
- Implementing integrated disability management systems and advising on corporate wellness programs;
- Assisting with preventive measures such as company-wide audits to ensure consistent implementation of pay and promotion policies and wage and hour compliance; and
- Providing labor relations advice and counsel, including representation during union bargaining.