Jeffrey A. Bernick is a Shareholder in the Phoenix, Arizona office of Jackson Lewis P.C.
Mr. Bernick’s practice is concentrated in employment counseling and litigation. Mr. Bernick’s employment law practice is focused on counseling, preventative advice and training, policy and procedure design, representation before administrative agencies, litigation, and appeals. Mr. Bernick also counsels employers on restrictive covenant or employee movement cases, employee discipline and discharge, wage and hour issues, workplace privacy, internal investigations, employee handbooks/manuals, employment and confidentiality agreements, medical leave policies and practices, drug testing and substance abuse, accommodation of disabled individuals, and many other human resources policies and procedures. He serves as Special Counsel for the Arizona State Personnel Board.
Mr. Bernick graduated cum laude from Boston University. He received his J.D. from the University of Arizona James E. Rogers College of Law.
Honors, Awards and Pro Bono Activity
- Received an AV preeminent peer review rating from Martindale-Hubbell in labor and employment law
- Selected as a Southwest Super Lawyer in labor and employment law (2011, 2012, 2013, 2014)
- Named to The Best Lawyers in America©
- Chosen as one of Arizona’s “Top Rated Lawyers” in labor and employment law by The American Lawyer & Corporate Counsel Magazine (2013, 2014)
- Selected as one of the “Top Attorneys” in Arizona for labor and employment law by Arizona Magazine (2012, 2013)
- Currently serves on the Board of Directors for the Centers for Habilitation
- Served on the Board of Directors of the Jewish Federation of Greater Phoenix
- Served on the Board of Directors of the University of Arizona Phoenix Alumni Association