Jeffrey A. Bernick is a Shareholder in the Phoenix, Arizona office of Jackson Lewis P.C.
For the last 25 years, Mr. Bernick has represented employers in federal and state courts and before administrative agencies on a variety of litigation matters. Mr. Bernick advises both private and public employers on day-to-day issues affecting the workplace, including employee discipline and discharge, wage and hour issues, workplace privacy, internal investigations, employee handbooks/manuals, employment and confidentiality agreements, medical leave policies and practices, accommodation of disabled individuals, and many other human resources policies and procedures. Throughout his career, Mr. Bernick has maintained an active appellate practice. He has handled more than 35 appeals in the Arizona Court of Appeals.
Mr. Bernick has served as the Arizona State Personnel Board’s Special Counsel for the past decade. In this role, he has represented the Board in all of its litigation, as well as provided the Board and its hearing officers with day to day counsel. As a core member of the Firm’s Management and Employment Training Practice Group, Mr. Bernick regularly conducts management and employee training on a wide variety of employment law topics. Mr. Bernick also frequently speaks on employment law developments before professional and business organizations.
Mr. Bernick graduated cum laude from Boston University. He received his J.D. from the University of Arizona James E. Rogers College of Law.
Honors, Awards and Pro Bono Activity
- Received an AV preeminent peer review rating from Martindale-Hubbell in labor and employment law
- Selected as a Southwest Super Lawyer in labor and employment law (2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015)
- Named to The Best Lawyers in America© (2015)
- Chosen as one of Arizona’s “Top Rated Lawyers” in labor and employment law by The American Lawyer & Corporate Counsel Magazine (2013, 2014, 2015)
- Selected as one of the “Top Attorneys” in Arizona for labor and employment law by Arizona Magazine (2012, 2013, 2014, 2015)
- Currently serves as Chairman of the Board of Directors for the Centers for Habilitation
- Served on the Board of Directors of the Jewish Federation of Greater Phoenix
- Served on the Board of Directors of the University of Arizona Phoenix Alumni Association