John M. Bryson II is a Principal in the Washington, D.C. Region office of Jackson Lewis P.C. He specializes in diversity assessments and counseling, preparing comprehensive action plans, and related litigation issues, and is a nuclear engineer by training.
Mr. Bryson was recently honored with the BTI Client Service MVP Award as one of 28 nation-wide employment lawyers selected by General Counsel of the country’s largest corporations for dedication and commitment to superior client service.
Mr. Bryson has more than 30 years of experience in employment law litigation and diversity counseling, addressing complex, sophisticated enterprise-wide issues. His experience includes program management of major diversity and civil rights assessments representing a wide range of clients, from major corporations to federal/state agencies, minority and women-owned businesses, municipalities and trade associations, for diversity counseling, employment, litigation, and alternative dispute resolutions. He has advised Fortune 500 companies confronted with highly publicized charges of discrimination, harassment, and retaliation, and related investigations and enforcement actions by federal and state agencies.
Mr. Bryson’s leadership experience includes sophisticated analysis of a Fortune 10 defense contractor’s employment practices and supplier diversity program; leading a comprehensive diversity assessment of a Fortune 20 healthcare company; assessing the employment and diversity programs of several Fortune 50 consumer products companies; conducting sensitive internal investigations of senior executives of a major energy company; and a multi-year assessment and report to the U.S. Department of Agriculture addressing decades-long discrimination issues.
Mr. Bryson’s litigation experience includes the areas of employment, general commercial disputes, health care, employment, insurance, pharmaceuticals, technology, procurement, telecommunications, nuclear energy, finance, and representation of municipalities on a broad range of issues. He also counsels clients on federal and state civil judicial and administrative procedure.
Honors and Recognitions
Professional Associations and Activities
- American Bar Association, Litigation and Labor/Employment Sections
- District of Columbia Bar
- Georgetown University Law Center, Adjunct Professor of Law
- Society for Human Resource Management, Diversity Steering Committee
- Virginia Bar Association
- Virginia’s Medical Malpractice Review Panel, Former Member
- "OFCCP Sets New Record of Collections from Federal Contractors," Advisory Bulletin (January 2009) [Author]
- "Economic Downturns Lead to Increased Wrongful Discharge and Discrimination Claims," Advisory Bulletin (December 2008) [Author]
- "How to Avoid Religious Discrimination in the Workplace," DivesityInc. (December 2008) [Author]
- "Supreme Court Ledbetter Ruling Does Not Relieve Employers from Implementing Equitable Pay Practices," Advisory Bulletin (June 2007) [Author]