Ruthie White is the Office Managing Principal of the Houston, Texas, office of Jackson Lewis P.C. With more than two decades of legal practice and business experience, she combines legal expertise with a sound business sense to resolve employment disputes in and out of court.
Ms. White has a consistent track record of winning favorable decisions in discrimination, harassment and retaliation cases as well as defending clients in the energy, banking, technology, retail, health care and construction sectors.
Her broad in-house and outside-counsel knowledge is invaluable in advising employers on a wide range of labor and employment issues. These include drafting of employment policies and procedures, investigation of alleged employee misconduct, implementation of disciplinary and job performance procedures and development of selection criteria for reductions in force. She has presented numerous specially tailored employment law seminars for supervisors and managers geared to meet the needs of individual clients.
Ms. White has served as an adjunct professor at South Texas College of Law and on the boards of several non-profit organizations. She is a founder of The Downtown Group, a 200-member networking organization of African-American female lawyers, and contributes pro bono legal services to the Houston Volunteer Lawyers Program.
Ms. White is a frequent speaker at Continuing Legal Education seminars hosted by law schools and bar associations across Texas.
Honors and Recognitions
- Association of Women Attorneys Premier Women in Law Award (2014)
- South Texas College of Law, Mamie Moore Proctor Trailblazer Award for being the first African-American female on the school’s law review (2006)
Professional Associations and Activities
- American Bar Association
- Association of Women Attorneys, Past Board Member
- Association of Women Attorneys Foundation, Past Board Member
- Houston Bar Association
- National Bar Association
- South Texas College of Law, Board Member and adjunct professor
- State Bar of Texas, Labor & Employment Section
- The Downtown Group, Founder
Pro Bono and Community Involvement
- Fort Bend County Women’s Center, Past Board Member
- Houston Volunteer Lawyers Program