Our attorneys have significant experience advising clients, including hotels, casinos, gaming and other resort destinations, cruise lines, airlines, caterers, liquor stores, grocery stores, wholesalers, manufacturers and restaurant corporations across the country, on hospitality-related legal issues. In addition to our firm-wide hospitality practice, several of our offices have formed relationships with their local hospitality industry associations. Our attorneys are also members of the National Association of Licensing and Compliance Professionals. As a result of our client service, depth of knowledge, and breadth of expertise, clients routinely turn to our firm for representation on hospitality matters.
Our hospitality team encompasses both labor and employment law practitioners and attorneys firm-wide with extensive knowledge of federal, state, and local laws and regulatory concerns that impact hospitality business operations. We also leverage our international capabilities to further our knowledge of the global environment in which our clients manage their operations. Some of the specific services we provide include:
- Defending clients in hospitality law-related litigation, as well as individual, collective and class action lawsuits alleging discrimination, defamation, breach of contract, intentional torts, and other issues in federal and state trial and appellate courts;
- Advising and counseling on legislative and regulatory developments as they relate to hospitality and gaming employers;
- Advising and counseling on immigration matters so clients can secure the best talent;
- Counseling on all aspects of safety planning and compliance;
- Advising on real estate law matters;
- Advising on compliance with state and local administrative codes and laws;
- Advising on general best practice issues, including privacy-related policies;
- Advising on third-party agreements and negotiating confidentiality and other agreements, including hotel and restaurant management agreements;
- Defending wage and hour audits and litigation, including class actions;
- Representing clients in labor arbitrations and advising on negotiation of new collective bargaining agreements;
- Defending fringe benefit contribution claims;
- Advising on crisis management, including immediate response, gathering evidence and communicating with the press;
- Advising and counseling on federal and state alcohol beverage licensing laws and regulations;
- Assisting clients in obtaining the necessary federal, state and municipal permits required to operate a hospitality business, including but not limited to zoning and use permitting, sales and use tax, and health permits; and
- Representing clients before state and local tribunals with respect to violations matters, including New York City Health Department, Building Department and FDNY violations.
Critical to our approach in meeting our clients’ needs is a multidisciplinary team of attorneys with diverse subject matter expertise combined with industry-specific knowledge.