Danny Jarrett is Office Managing Principal of the Albuquerque, New Mexico, office of Jackson Lewis P.C. He is a New Mexico native and has been certified as a specialist in labor and employment law by the New Mexico Supreme Court Board of Legal Specialization since August of 2008.
Mr. Jarrett previously served as vice-president and corporate counsel for a national healthcare company. His duties included managing all operations of a multi-state company with over 400 employees, overseeing all human resources functions, and organizing corporate restructuring.
Mr. Jarrett’s legal practice focuses on counseling and representing employers, government entities and Native American tribal organizations regarding labor and employment disputes. His experience involves Title VII and Title IX of the Civil Rights Act, the ADA, the FLSA, the FMLA and Davis-Bacon Act wage issues. He has successfully represented clients before the NLRB, the EEOC, and the WCA. He has negotiated many collective bargaining agreements, on behalf of management, with various unions, including the International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers, the Operating Engineers and the Teamsters. He has represented management’s interests in union organizational campaigns, including organizing attempts by the Communication Workers of America, the Teamsters and the Painters and Glazers Union, as well as in response to Unfair Labor Practice charges of all types. Mr. Jarrett assisted in setting up a double-breasted operation for a large, regional construction company. He also represented the State Bar of New Mexico and set national precedent when the National Labor Relations Board in Washington, D.C. ruled that it did not have jurisdiction to oversee a representation election involving State Bar employees and the Communication Workers of America.
While attending law school, he served as a staff editor of The New Mexico Law Review. He attended the University of New Mexico as the recipient of a Presidential Scholarship.
Mr. Jarrett was an elected member of the Board of Bar Commissioners of the State Bar of New Mexico, the group of peer-elected attorneys who govern the Bar. As a Bar Commissioner, Mr. Jarrett served on the Personnel Committee and as liaison to the Board of Bar Examiners. Mr. Jarrett has also served as an elected board member and as chair of the Bar’s Employment and Labor Section and its Indian Law Section.
Honors and Recognitions
Professional Associations and Activities
- Albuquerque Bar Association
- American Bar Association, Labor and Employment Section
- American Bar Association's Forum on Construction Law, Division 6 (workforce management and human resources), Steering Committee Member
- Association of Commerce and Industry, Board of Directors, Executive Committee, Second Vice Chair
- Bernalillo County Labor Relations Board, Board Member
- Contributing editor to national treatises on the Fair Labor Standards Act and the Family and Medical Leave Act
- New Mexico Bar Bulletin, Board of Editors (2009-2012)
- New Mexico State Bar Association
- Society for Human Resource Management, Legislative Director
Pro Bono and Community Involvement
- Junior Achievement of New Mexico, Director
- UNM School of Law Alumni Board
- Nationally certified youth football coach and youth baseball umpire and served for many years as Board Secretary, Director and as counsel for the New Mexico Young America Football League
- “Overview of the National Labor Relations Act” The Construction Lawyers Guide to Labor & Employment Law, Second Edition 2016 (Co-Wrote Chapter)
- "Marijuana Ballot Questions Mean More Questions for Employers," Albuquerque Business First (October 2014) [Quoted]
- "Proposed Legislation Would Hurt Employers, Workers," Albuquerque Journal (December 2008) [Author]
- "NLRB Asserts Jurisdiction in Indian Country, Part II," State Bar of New Mexico, Indian Law Section Newsletter (October 2007) [Co-Author]
- "Final USERRA Regulations Issued by DOL," New Mexico Business Journal (June 2006) [Co-Author]
- "2005 Legal Update Regarding Issues Impacting Native American Gaming," Native American Casino (April 2006) [Co-Author]
- "USERRA Compels Employer Regard for Military Service," New Mexico Business Journal (October 2005) [Co-Author]
- "NLRB Asserts Jurisdiction in Indian Country," Casino Lawyer (Summer 2005) [Author]
Speeches and Presentations
- “Dusting Off the Employee Handbook “ EEOC Employer Seminar (Albuquerque, NM, June 2016) (panelist)
- “2016 Legislative Updates” Society for Human Resource Management NM State Council Meeting (Albuquerque, NM, July 2016) (presenter)
- “Drugs in the Workplace” Small Business Healthcare Summit & Expo (Albuquerque, NM, July 2016) (presenter)
- “2016 Legislative Updates: Northern New Mexico Human Resource Association Legal Update Conference (Santa Fe, NM, September 2016) (panelist)