Jeffrey A. Bernick is a Shareholder in the Phoenix, Arizona, office of Jackson Lewis P.C. For the last 25 years, he has represented employers in federal and state courts and before administrative agencies on a variety of litigation matters.
Mr. Bernick advises both private and public employers on day-to-day issues affecting the workplace, including employee discipline and discharge, wage and hour issues, workplace privacy, internal investigations, employee handbooks/manuals, employment and confidentiality agreements, medical leave policies and practices, accommodation of disabled individuals, and many other human resources policies and procedures. Throughout his career, Mr. Bernick has maintained an active appellate practice. He has handled more than 35 appeals in the Arizona Court of Appeals.
Mr. Bernick has served as the Arizona State Personnel Board’s Special Counsel for the past decade. In this role, he has represented the Board in all of its litigation, as well as provided the Board and its hearing officers with day to day counsel. Mr. Bernick regularly conducts management and employee training on a wide variety of employment law topics. He also frequently speaks on employment law developments before professional and business organizations.
While attending the University of Arizona School of Law, he received the 1988 Ares Fellowship.
Honors and Recognitions
- The American Lawyer & Corporate Counsel Magazine, Arizona “Top Rated Lawyers” in labor and employment law (2013-2015)
- Arizona Magazine, Arizona “Top Attorneys” in labor and employment law (2012-2015)
- Phoenix Jewish Community Center, Kavod Award Recipient (2005)
Professional Associations and Activities
- American Bar Association
- Maricopa County Bar Association
- State Bar of Arizona
Pro Bono and Community Involvement
- Centers for Habilitation, Chairman of the Board of Directors
- Jewish Federation of Greater Phoenix, Past Board of Directors Member
- University of Arizona Phoenix Alumni Association, Past Board of Directors Member