Jennifer Shoaf Richardson is an Associate in the Jacksonville, Florida, office of Jackson Lewis P.C. Her practice focuses on representing employers in workplace law matters, including preventive advice and counsel.
Ms. Richardson previously defended insurers in bad faith/extra-contractual liability litigation and coverage matters. She has handled appeals in the Eleventh Circuit, the Supreme Court of Florida, and four out of five of Florida’s district courts of appeal. While attending law school, Ms. Richardson served as Senior Articles Editor for her school’s law review and participated in the mock trial team.
Prior to entering private practice, Ms. Richardson was a law clerk for judges Peter D. Webster and Simone Marstiller, formerly of Florida’s First District Court of Appeal.
Honors and Recognitions
- Florida Association for Women Lawyers, Leader in the Law (2013)
- Legal Elite, Up & Comer (2015)
Professional Associations and Activities
- Chester Bedell American Inn of Court, Associate (2014-2015)
- Florida Association for Women Lawyers, Secretary
- Florida Bar Code and Rules of Evidence Committee, Member (2015-2018
- Florida Bar Young Lawyers Division Board of Governors, Member (2012-2014)
- Jacksonville Women Lawyers Association, President- Elect
Pro Bono and Community Involvement
- Jacksonville Area Legal Aid, Equal Justice Committee Member
- Pro Bono Appeals handled in 2012, 2013, and 2015
- “Defending Your Database from Disgruntled Employees,” Association of Corporate Counsel, Focus on the North Florida Chapter (October 2016) [Author]
- “Profile of Judge Thomas D. Winokur of the First District Court of Appeal,” The Record, Appellate Practice Section of The Florida Bar, (Summer 2016) [Author]
- “Profile of Judge Scott Makar of the First District Court of Appeal,” The Record, Appellate Practice Section of The Florida Bar, (Summer 2013) [Author]
- “New Appellate Rule for Probate and Guardianship Proceedings,” Florida Bar Journal, (September/October 2012) [Co-Author]
Speeches and Presentations
- “After the Briefs: The Life of an Appeal,” Appellate Advocacy Clinic Florida Coastal School of Law (Jacksonville, FL, October 2015) (guest lecturer)
- “The Role of Staff Attorneys,” E. Earle Zehmer Appellate Practice Seminar “Inside the First DCA” produced by Appellate Practice Section of The Florida Bar (Tallahassee, FL, April 2015, March 2012) (moderator)
- “Young Lawyers and Professionalism,” Practicing with Professionalism CLE produced by Young Lawyers Division of The Florida Bar (Jacksonville, FL, November 2014) (panelist)
- “First District Court of Appeal,” Voluntary Bar Leaders Conference (Bonita Springs, FL, July 2014) (panelist)