Patricia Anderson Pryor is a Shareholder and Litigation Manager of the Cincinnati, Ohio, office of Jackson Lewis P.C. She is an experienced litigator in both state and federal courts, representing and defending employers in nearly every form of employment litigation, including class actions.
Ms. Pryor represents and advises employers in federal and state administrative proceedings, in all forms of dispute resolution, including mediation and arbitration, and in managing all aspects of the employment relationship. She has represented employers before the EEOC, the DOL, the DOJ, the OFCCP, and the NLRB, in addition to various state agencies.
Ms. Pryor also works with employers to avoid litigation by developing effective policies and practices, including harassment policies, social media policies, FMLA practices, attendance programs, affirmative action programs and wellness plans. She conducts proactive wage and hour audits, harassment investigations and compensation reviews.
She is a frequent speaker at legal seminars and to employers and professional groups and provides training to managers and human resource professionals on a wide variety of employment and legal issues, including wage and hour issues, harassment, disability, the Family and Medical Leave Act and affirmative action obligations. She has been featured on the radio program “Employment Straight Talk” and has published a number of employment law articles.
While attending law school, Ms. Pryor was a member of the editorial board of the University of Cincinnati Law Review.
Honors and Recognitions
Professional Associations and Activities
- Clermont County Chamber of Commerce, Board Member
- Clermont County Leadership Program, Class of 2003
- Employment Law Strategist, Editorial Board
- Greater Cincinnati Human Resource Association
- Ohio Industry Liaison Group
Pro Bono and Community Involvement
- Boys & Girls Clubs of Clermont County, Vice President
- Clermont County Public Library, Board of Trustees
- Employment Discrimination Law. ABA. 2002 Cumulative Supplement [Chapter Contributor]
- "How to Survive the Whistleblower Epidemic," Employment Law Strategist (December 2012) [Author]
- "Mandatory Flu Shots?" Employment Law Strategist (July 2012) [Author]
- "Managing Employee Leave under the ADAAA and FMLA," Employment Law Strategist (March 2012) [Author]
- "Resolving FLSA Claims Without Overpaying the Plaintiff’s Attorney," Employment Law Strategist (June 2011) [Author]
- "Tracking Hours in a Virtual World," Employment Law Strategist (December 2010) [Author]
- "Conducting an Effective and Preventative Compensation Review," Accounting & Financial Planning for Law Firms (August 2010) [Author]
- "Conducting an Effective and Preventative Compensation Review," Employment Law Strategist (July 2010) [Author]
- "Putting Out the Fire Created by Ricci," Employment Law Strategist (September 2009) [Author]
- "The Computer Fraud And Abuse Act and Former Employees," Employment Law Strategist (July 2009) [Author]
- "Training Required to Ensure Equal Access for Disabled Individuals," Shopping Center Legal Update (Fall-Winter 2008) [Author]
- "No Genes in the Workplace: Issues Raised by the Genetic Information Nondiscrimination Act," Employment Law Strategist (November 2008) [Author]
- "Perceived Mental Impairment in the Workplace," Employment Law Strategist (October 2008) [Author]
- "The Disabling Effects of the ADAAA," Law360 (October 23, 2008) [Author]
- "Paying Now to Avoid Paying Later: Conducting a Compensation Analysis that Complies with OFCCP’s Requirements," Employment Law Strategist (June 2008) [Author]
- "Wellness Programs: Complying with the ADA and HIPAA," Employment Law Strategist (August 2007) [Author]