Ryan C. Chapoteau is an Associate in the New York City, New York, office of Jackson Lewis P.C. His practice focuses on representing employers in workplace law matters, including providing preventative advice and counseling. Mr. Chapoteau has experience litigating in state court, federal court, and administrative hearings.
While in law school, Mr. Chapoteau participated in the Boston University Civil Litigation Program where he litigated matters concerning employment, housing, family and disability law. He also served as an Articles Editor for the university’s Public Interest Law Journal.
Prior to joining Jackson Lewis, Mr. Chapoteau worked at a worldwide law firm and received a client service award while concentrating on insurance coverage and employment law matters.
Honors and Recognitions
Professional Associations and Activities
- Boston University School of Law Alumni Executive Committee
- Boston University School of Law Young Alumni Council of New York, Founding Member
- New York City Bar Association
- “New York Attorney General: Last Call for Unpaid Shifts,” New York Law Journal (June 2015) [Co-author]
- “Dodd-Frank and International Whistleblower Claims,” New York Law Journal (October 2014 [Co-author]
- “Extended Whistleblower Protections Create More Liability for Companies,” New York Law Journal (March 2014) [Co-author]
- “Of Lance Armstrong and Arbitration Panels,” Law360 (December 2013) [Author]
- “Diving Into the Deep End: N.Y. Courts Tackle Tip Pooling,” New York Law Journal (November 2013) [Co-author]