Vincent A. Cino is the Chairman of Jackson Lewis P.C. and is responsible for the entire firm's day-to-day administration and management. Prior to assuming the role of Chairman, he served as the firm's National Director of Litigation.
Mr. Cino has vast trial experience, having litigated every conceivable type of employment action in many jurisdictions throughout the United States. From 1987 to 1990, Mr. Cino was Chief of Litigation in the Office of the Essex County Counsel. As Chief of Litigation for Essex County, Mr. Cino supervised a staff of attorneys as well as outside counsel. Prior to that, he was an Assistant Prosecutor for Union County. From 1981-1987, Mr. Cino was engaged in private practice in Hackensack, New Jersey, concentrating on civil litigation. He has personally tried more than 100 cases.
In one of his more well-known trials, Mr. Cino represented WNEW-TV, Golden West Television productions, Peter Falk and Arnold Shapiro, the Oscar-winning producer of the movie “Scared Straight.” This was a libel and invasion of privacy case brought by several high school students. The trial lasted four weeks and resulted in a no-cause.
Mr. Cino has lectured extensively on trial advocacy. He has been awarded the highest accolade in Martindale-Hubbell, an AV rating, a testament to the fact that his peers rank him at the highest level of professional excellence.
Mr. Cino has served as a mediator in numerous employment law matters. Despite his prominent position as a management attorney, Mr. Cino’s mediation skills have been sought by plaintiffs’ lawyers due to his recognized reputation for fairness and objectivity. Mr. Cino’s ability to focus on the relative strengths and weaknesses of a matter as well as his view of the value of a case has led to a near perfect record of successful resolutions.
Honors and Recognitions
Professional Associations and Activities
- American Arbitration Association, appointed to the Employment Law Arbitration and Mediation Panels
- American Bar Association
- Arthur T. Vanderbilt Inn of Court, Past Master
- New Jersey Academy of Mediators & Arbitrators
- New Jersey State Bar Association
- U.S. Chamber of Commerce, Member of Subcommittee on Equal Employment Opportunity
- “One-Sided Fee Shifting in LAD, CEPA Harms the Legal System,” Vincent A. Cino and David M. Walsh, 185 N.J.L.J. 755 (2006)
- "Boost for Bosses: Court Compels Arbitration," Vincent A. Cino and Deborah Martin-Norcross, 130 N.J.L.J. 1354 (1992)
- “Use of Employer’s Computer Does Not Stand in Way of Attorney-Client Privilege,” Inside Counsel
- “Liability for Retaliatory Conduct Can Continue After Employment Relationship Ends,” Inside Counsel
- “The Peril of Systemic Discrimination Claims,” Inside Counsel
- “Federal Appeals Court Says Employer Not Liable for Minor Workplace Slights,” Inside Counsel
- "Employers Increasingly Vulnerable to Retaliation Claims,” Inside Counsel
- “Five Ways to Avoid Sexual Harassment Lawsuits,” Inside Counsel