Our Corporate Diversity Counseling attorneys are frequently called upon to advise the nation’s largest and mid-sized companies as well as government agencies on complex issues involving diversity, inclusion, employment law, public policy, government relations and community outreach.
On a daily basis, we counsel clients on developing and implementing effective diversity strategies that protect the corporate brand and reputation, expand business opportunities, and create a competitive advantage by strengthening relationships with customers, employees, stockholders, regulators and the general public. In addition, our attorneys advise clients facing reputation-damaging allegations of serious race, gender and other forms of discrimination and harassment.
The attorneys in our Corporate Diversity Counseling practice bring to bear unique experience advising CEOs, General Counsel, and other senior executives of Fortune 500 companies, leaders of other complex organizations, as well as Federal and local government agency heads, in connection with:
- Legal vulnerability assessments that examine current disputes and controversies; internal complaint processes; and employment discrimination, harassment, and retaliation claims;
- Preventive practices, such as reviews of HR policies and practices and workforce demographic trends to identify potential disparate impacts on protected classes;
- D&I Diagnostic Assessments that help clients (a) understand and benchmark their D&I performance, and (b) formulate plans to enhance company-wide D&I;
- Reviews of D&I in corporate governance, workforce, and supplier and business partner relationships, to enhance D&I programs, performance and profile;
- Proactive crisis prevention and mitigation strategies and long-term solutions to avoid or limit financial, business, and management disruptions and reputation damage; and
- D&I community outreach efforts, including women and civil rights groups, government relations, strategic communications, corporate image, and targeted philanthropy.