$45 — SHRM LI Member
$50 — Non-Member
Can be made available for remaining session on request.
Join us in-person for our annual Long Island Workplace Law Breakfast Series with SHRM LI.
This session will discuss:
- New laws signed by Governor Hochul:
- Prohibiting employers from requesting employee’s social media information as a condition of hiring, employment, or discipline.
- Requiring employers provide separated employees, among others, written notice of eligibility for unemployment benefits.
- Modifying the definition of clerical worker under the NY Labor Law.
- Rendering unenforceable certain provision related to the assignment of inventions.
- Amending the penal law to add wage theft to activities included in the crime of larceny.
- Captive Audience Meeting Ban and Automatic Union Recognition– What This Means for Union and Non-Union Employers.
- Increases to state minimum wage and proactive compliance.
- Updates to NYS WARN Act.
- Bills awaiting signature by Governor Hochul:
- Non-compete agreement ban
- Freelance Isn’t Free Act
- Restrictions on liquidated damages provisions in settlement agreements
- Clean Slate Act
This program is intended for bona fide members of management. Jackson Lewis reserves the right to limit attendance or deny registration at its discretion.