Benjamin R. Davis is a principal in the Boston, Massachusetts, office of Jackson Lewis P.C. Ben is a litigator where his practice focuses on representing employers in workplace law matters, including preventive advice and counseling and complex litigation. He has extensive litigation experience including conducting pre-suit employee investigations, taking and defending numerous depositions, preparing and defending expert witnesses, drafting and arguing dispositive motions, trying several bench and jury trials, and drafting appellate briefs.
Ben also regularly counsel clients with respect to day-to-day employment issues, including their rights and obligations under federal and state employment laws, including on matters related to disciplinary action, employee training, internal investigations, wage and hour compliance, reductions in force, disability management, leaves of absence, employee handbooks, and restrictive covenant agreements.
- Defended university in a lawsuit involving claims of gender discrimination and retaliation asserted by a student.
- Obtained summary judgment on behalf of employer who brought suit against former employee for breaching her non-solicitation obligations.
- Defended company in MA A.G. employee misclassification investigation.
- Obtained summary judgment on behalf of university in a lawsuit involving breach of contract, defamation and other claims asserted by a faculty member who was terminated for unprofessional.
- Defended university before the Massachusetts Commission Against Discrimination against retaliation claim asserted by an instructor whose contract was not renewed.
- Defended company in employee misclassification investigation.
- Defended university in a lawsuit involving breach of contract, defamation and other claims asserted by a faculty member who was terminated for unprofessional conduct.
- Conducted an internal investigation on behalf of a Fortune 15 corporation concerning alleged employee prescription fraud.
- Conducted an internal investigation involving alleged violations of the FCPA.
Honors and Recognitions
- The Best Lawyers in America©, "Ones to Watch: Labor and Employment Law - Management" (2021-present)