David R. Jimenez is a principal in the Hartford, Connecticut, office of Jackson Lewis P.C. He is the national co-leader of the firm’s Corporate Governance and Internal Investigations practice group.
David advises employers on complex matters and litigation including:
- Corporate Governance matters for publicly traded and privately held organizations including high stakes internal investigations, Code of Conduct and financial misconduct matters, Sarbanes Oxley Act Whistleblower claims, False Claims Act litigation, and federal government investigations, including civil and criminal investigations;
- Executive (C-level) employment contracts including key executive employment agreements, change of control agreements, executive separation agreements, and enforcement of restrictive covenant terms against former executives;
- FINRA U-5 arbitration matters involving registered representatives and potential claims of defamation;
- Class Action cases involving Title VII discrimination claims, and the Fair Labor Standards Act; and
- Title VII discrimination and harassment claims.
Prior to joining Jackson Lewis, David held positions of significant responsibility as the former vice president and associate general counsel of a Fortune 100 financial services company where he managed domestic and international employment law and immigration matters for an organization of over 30,000 employees, managed a multi-department HR organization, led a major international reduction-in-force affecting employees in five European and two Asian countries, and oversaw a major re-design of the human resources function including the development of an HR call center. He also led major corporate initiatives including development and rollout of nationally compliant timekeeping systems for non-exempt employees, payroll conversion initiatives, FLSA preventative audits, employee surveys, and build out of OFCCP compliance programs to meet federal contractor and executive order 11246 requirements. His experience also includes the development and management of a corporate ombudsman office.
David has developed training and lectured on various topics to HR and management groups. He has been quoted by major publications including The Wall Street Journal, the Hartford Courant, the Metropolitan Corporate Defense Counsel, The Connecticut Law Tribune and other leading publications.
Honors and Recognitions
- The Best Lawyers in America©, “Employment Law - Management” and “Litigation - Labor and Employment” (2013-present)
- Connecticut Super Lawyers®, (2012-2018 and 2021-present)
Pro Bono and Community Involvement
- The Connecticut State University and Community College System, Governor appointed Board Member
- The Hartford County Bar Foundation, Board Member and Past President
- The Hartford Public School System, Mayoral appointed Board member
- Hartford Stage Theater, Board Member and Past President
- The Mark Twain House & Museum, Board Member
- “Strategic Handling of Employment Law Exposures,” Ethisphere (Quarter 02, 2007) [Author]
- “Employee Handbooks Can Be Legal Minefields,” Boston Business Journal (September 1996) [Author]
- “Employment Law Compliance Solutions,” Practicing Law Institute (October 2006)
- “Investigating Complaints under Sarbanes-Oxley,” Practicing Law Institute (January 2006)
- “Development of an HR Contact Center,” I.Q.P.C. Conference (May 2004)
- “Strategic Management of Employee Litigation,” Executive Employer Conference (April 2004)
- “Managing Litigation Costs,” Executive Employer Conference (April 2003)