David S. Mohl is a principal in the Atlanta, Georgia, office of Jackson Lewis P.C. His practice consists of proactive and preventive advice and counsel, with an emphasis in the area of leave management, focusing on the Americans with Disabilities Act, Family and Medical Leave Act, paid sick leave and related leave statutes and policies.
As a member of Jackson Lewis’ COVID-19 team, David also regularly assists employers with COVID-19 issues.
In addition, David has a wide range of labor and employment law experience, including wage and hour, discrimination, harassment, employment agreements, restrictive covenants, training and workplace investigations.
David regularly defends claims involving discrimination, harassment, retaliation and contract issues in federal, state courts and in front of government agencies.
David brings a unique business perspective, having worked in the corporate legal departments for Fortune 500 companies. Prior to joining Jackson Lewis, he served as associate general counsel at a Fortune 300 global consumer packaged goods company where he was a member of the General Counsel’s Senior Leadership Team and was responsible for the company’s global labor and employment, litigation and privacy functions. Prior to that, he served as senior counsel at a large global health service and insurance company, where he provided legal counsel and strategic advice regarding all employment matters globally. David also served in a general counsel capacity for the company’s third-party leave administration business.
David is a frequent speaker on legal developments under the ADA, FMLA, COVID-19 and other employment law issues.
Honors and Recognition
- The Best Lawyers in America©, “Employment Law – Management” and “Litigation – Labor and Employment” (2023-present)
- “From Daunting to Doable: Conquer Documenting Essential Job Functions,” Disability Management Employer Coalition (December 2020) [Co-Author]
- “A Deep Dive Into Job Protection – What Does it Really Mean?” DMEC Tools & Tactics Webinar (September 2020) (Presenter)
- “FMLA Basics,” 2020 DMEC Compliance conference preconference webinar (February 2020) (presenter)
- “How to Master the ADA Interactive Process,” SHRM-Atlanta HR Conference (Atlanta, GA, March 2019) (presenter)
- “My Employees are Not Coming to Work! How to Handle ADA/FMLA Challenges,” Colorado Healthcare Association for Human Resource Management (Englewood, CO, October 2018) (presenter)