Joanne Braddock Lambert is a principal in the Orlando, Florida, office of Jackson Lewis P.C. Her practice focuses on representing management in employment litigation before state and federal courts and administrative agencies, as well as counseling management regarding ongoing employment and labor matters.
Joanne is a frequent speaker on a variety of employment law topics and conducts compliance training for management on discrimination, harassment, and managing employee leaves of absence under the Family and Medical Leave Act and the Americans with Disabilities Act.
Prior to working at Jackson Lewis, Joanne was an associate attorney with an Orlando employment law defense boutique firm. She has also practiced general commercial litigation with a national full-service law firm, including construction litigation, probate disputes, Uniform Commercial Code matters, securities fraud litigation, real estate contract matters, residential and commercial foreclosures, and dissolution of marriage.
While attending law school, Joanne was an active member of the Appellate Moot Court Team, and was chosen as the Maguire, Voorhis & Wells Best Oralist in the spring of 1989. She also received the William VanDerCreek Moot Court and Nicholas R. Friedman Moot Court awards. In addition to the jurisdictions she is admitted in, Joanne has also been admitted pro hac vice in several matters before the U. S. District Court for the U.S. Virgin Islands.
Honors and Recognitions
- The Best Lawyers in America©, "Lawyer of the Year: Litigation – Labor and Employment" (2023)
- The Best Lawyers in America©, "Litigation - Labor and Employment" (2018-present)
- Martindale-Hubbell®, "AV Preeminent® - Peer Rated for Highest Level of Professional Excellence" (2005-present)
Pro Bono and Community Involvement
- Lisa Merlin House, Inc., Board of Directors Member (1995-2006) and Chairman Emeritus, Board of Directors (1997)
- "Beware New Changes to Florida's Assignment of Rents Statute," Central Florida Bankruptcy Journal 2.2 (September 1993) [Author]