Meredith K. Stewart is a principal in the Boston, Massachusetts, office of Jackson Lewis P.C. As a global professional with extensive experience living, working and studying in international environments, Meredith has a proven track record of providing high quality service to multinational corporate clients and individuals alike. Her practice is dedicated exclusively to U.S. immigration and nationality law.
Meredith has extensive experience advising and representing employers of all sizes and their foreign national employees in a variety of U.S. immigration matters. She focuses her practice on primarily employment-based nonimmigrant visas and U.S. lawful permanent residence petitions in both private industry and in academia. Meredith’s expertise lies in E-3, H-1B, L-1A/B, and O-1 visa filings, as well as Employment Based First Preference petitions for foreign nationals with extraordinary ability, outstanding Professors/Researchers and Multinational Executive/Managerial intracompany transferees.
Meredith grew up in Italy and attended Marymount International School of Rome.
Honors and Recognitions
- Business Today, "Top 10 Most Influential Massachusetts Immigration Lawyer" (2023)
- Boston Magazine, “Top Lawyers” (2021-present)
- Chambers USA, “Immigration” (2020-present)
- Kids in Need of Defense ,“Pro Bono Attorney of the Month” (February 2014)
- Legal 500 USA, "Recommended Attorney" (2020)
Pro Bono and Community Involvement
- Kids in Need of Defense (K.I.N.D), Pro Bono Attorney
- Park Street Church, Afghan New Neighbors Program, Pro Bono Attorney
- "Recent visa and travel ban regulations for Italians living in the US,” (webinar) Sponsored by Professionisti Italiani a Boston (December 2020)
- "Immigration Trends and Visa Options for Italians Living In the U.S," Sponsored by Professionisti Italiani a Boston and hosted by The Consulate General of Italy In Boston (Boston, MA, March 2019)
- “Visa Options and Requirements for Italians Living in the United States,” Sponsored by Professionisti Italiani a Boston and hosted by The Consulate General of Italy In Boston (Boston, MA, April 2015)
- “Immigration Law Workshop: Focus on Startups,” M.I.T. MITaly Association (Cambridge, MA, November 2014) (Presenter)
- “Immigration Networking and Speaker Panel,” Boston University Immigration Law and Policy Society (Boston, MA, November 2013) (Panelist)