Robert Frederick Seidler is a principal and litigation manager in the Indianapolis, Indiana, office of Jackson Lewis P.C. He advises employers on compliance with state and federal labor regulations and represents management in labor and employment litigation. Robert has particular experience with manufacturing clients, although his clients span many different industries.
Robert conducts workplace training, seminars, and other engagements to assist employers of all sizes in navigating the labor law regulatory environment. In addition to legal representation in employment litigation, he also advises employers on the development of documents, contracts, and agreements including employee handbooks, personnel policies, severance agreements, employment contracts, noncompete agreements, and other employment-related documents and forms. He also advises employers on immigration-related employment issues relating to Form I-9 requirements.
Robert has extensive experience in labor and employment litigation. He has represented management in labor disputes relating to the Americans with Disabilities Act, the Age Discrimination in Employment Act, the Fair Labor Standards Act, the Family and Medical Leave Act, and Title VII, among others. He is a prolific speaker and author on employment law at various publications and speaking engagements.
Honors and Recognitions
- The Best Lawyers in America©, "Litigation - Labor and Employment" (2021-present)
- Super Lawyers®, "Rising Stars" (2013-2016)
Pro Bono and Community Involvement
- Alliance for Responsible Pet Ownership (Advisor)
“Five Tips to Ensure Proper Deposition Behavior,” Law360 (October 2017) [Co-Author]
- "Investigation Do's and Don'ts," Indiana Chamber of Commerce Workplace Harassment Seminar (Indianapolis, IN, February 2018) (presenter)
- “Everything I Wanted to Learn About Labor & Employment Law I Learned at the Movies,” Indiana Chamber (Indianapolis, IN, May 2013) (presenter)
- “Nobody’s Perfect: Reevaluating ‘Reasonable Expectations’ in the Modern Workplace,” 12th Annual Managing a workforce Seminar (Indianapolis, IN, October 2012) (presenter)
- “Is There a Doctor in the House: Serious Health Conditions,” Indiana Chamber FMLA Seminar (Indianapolis, IN, June 2012) (presenter)
- “Strategies to Avoid Rising Employee Retaliation Claims,” Indiana Chamber (Webinar, September 2011) (presenter)
- “Navigating the New Bermuda Triangle – Workers’ Compensation, FMLA, ADA and GINA,” Indiana Chamber of Commerce (Indianapolis, IN, February 2011) (presenter)
- “Accommodations Galore,” Indiana Manufacturers Association (Indianapolis, IN, October 2010)
- “The Dangers of Unpaid Internships,” Indiana Council for Internships and Cooperative Education (Webinar, September 2010) (presenter)
- “Conducting Effective Workplace Investigations,” Park 100 Partners (Indianapolis, IN, February 2010) (presenter)