Benjamin D. Sharkey serves on the firm’s Board of Directors and is the office managing principal of the Jacksonville and Tampa, Florida, offices of Jackson Lewis P.C. Ben has over twenty years of experience throughout the country representing management in all facets of employment litigation. He also has extensive experience litigating wage hour collective action cases and non-competition agreements.
Ben routinely functions as the employment legal department for clients of all sizes. A significant portion of his practice is devoted to partnering with clients on daily advice and counsel concerning multi-state workplace issues and best practices. He has significant experience in the healthcare, hospitality, manufacturing, staffing, transportation and logistics, construction and retail industries, among others.
Beyond his practice, Ben is active in the community by supporting a number of charitable organizations. He is a member of the Board for the Northern Florida Chapter of JDRF and provides pro bono legal services for the Wounded Warrior Project. Ben previously served on the Board of Directors for Neighbor to Family, a national foster care agency, for five years.
Honors and Recognitions
- The Best Lawyers in America©, “Employment Law – Management” (2021-present)
- Martindale-Hubbell®, “AV Preeminent® – Peer Rated for Highest Level of Professional Excellence” (2013-present)
- Super Lawyers, “Top Rated Employment & Labor Attorney” (2015)
- Thomson Reuters, “Thomson Reuters Stand-out Lawyer – Independently Rated Lawyers”
Pro Bono and Community Involvement
- Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation (JDRF), Board Member, Northern Florida Chapter (2022-present)
- Neighbor to Family, Inc., Board Member (2017-2022)