Eric J. Felsberg is a principal in the Long Island, New York, office of Jackson Lewis P.C. and the national director of the firm's Data Analytics group.
As the national director of the firm's Data Analytics group, Eric leads a team of multi-disciplinary lawyers, statisticians, data scientists, and analysts with decades of experience managing the interplay of data analytics and the law. Under his leadership, the Data Analytics group applies proprietary algorithms and state-of-the-art modeling techniques to help employers evaluate risk and drive legal strategy. In addition to other services, the team offers talent analytics for recruitment, workforce management and equity and policy assessments through predictive modeling, partners with employers in the design of data-driven solutions that comply with applicable workplace law, manages and synthesizes large data sets from myriad sources into analyzable formats, provides compliance assessment and litigation support services including damage calculations, risk assessments, and selection decision analyses, and offers strategic labor relations assistance including determination of long term costs of collective bargaining agreements, review of compliance with collectively bargained compensation plans and assessment of the efficacy of training programs. The Data Analytics group designs its service delivery models to maximize the protections afforded by the attorney-client and other privileges.
Eric also provides training and daily counsel to employers in various industries on day-to-day employment issues and the range of federal, state, and local affirmative action compliance obligations. He works closely with employers to prepare affirmative action plans for submission to the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs (OFCCP) during which he analyzes and investigates personnel selection and compensation systems. Eric has successfully represented employers during OFCCP compliance reviews, OFCCP individual complaint investigations, and in matters involving OFCCP claims of class-based discrimination. He regularly evaluates and counsels employers regarding compensation systems both proactively as well as in response to complaints and enforcement actions.
Eric is an accomplished and recognized speaker on issues of workplace analytics and affirmative action compliance.
While at Hofstra University School of Law, Eric served as the editor-in-chief of the Hofstra Labor & Employment Law Journal.
Honors and Recognitions
- The Best Lawyers in America©, "Employment Law - Management" (2020-present)
- Lawyer’s Alliance for New York, Cornerstone Award for Outstanding Pro Bono Legal Services to Non-profits (2011)
- Legal 500 USA, "Recommended Attorney" (2017)
- "Creating a Beck Statute: Recent Congressional Attempts and a Proposal for the Future," Hofstra Labor & Employment Law Journal 15.1 (Fall 1997) [Author]
- “Expanding the Legal Analytics Footprint,” Legalweek (New York, NY, February 2020) (co-presenter)
- “Using Machine and Deep Learning in Hiring: Ethical, Legal, and Practical Concerns,” Society for Industrial and Organizational Psychology Annual Conference (National Harbor, MD, April 2019) (presenter)
- “A Lawyer, an Employer and a Data Scientist Walk into a …,” Predictive Analytics World (Las Vegas, NV, June 2019) (presenter)
- “Meet the New Business Partner That is Changing the Way Employers Conduct Business,” New York State SHRM (Albany, NY, September 2018) (presenter)