Stacey C.S. Cerrone is a principal and office litigation manager of the New Orleans, Louisiana, office of Jackson Lewis P.C. and a core member of the Employee Benefits and the ERISA Complex Litigation practice teams. Her nationwide practice focuses on the defense of complex ERISA class actions filed against public and private single employer ERISA plan sponsors and fiduciaries, as well as multi-employer plans and fiduciaries and ERISA plan services providers. Stacey litigates a wide variety of class action claims, including 401(k) fee claims, stock drop claims, “church plan” and “government plan” claims, health and welfare plan claims, and ERISA Section 510 claims. She also litigates ERISA benefit claims and claims involving non-ERISA plans.
Stacey is also a prolific writer and lecturer on cutting-edge ERISA litigation and fiduciary issues, including for the ABA and Bloomberg BNA.
Honors and Recognitions
- New Orleans Magazine, "Top Lawyers: Employee Benefits Law" (2023)
- The Best Lawyers in America©, "Litigation - ERISA" (2016-present)
- Chambers USA, "Employee Benefits & Executive Compensation" (2020-present) and ERISA Litigation (2023)
- Legal 500 USA, “Recommended Attorney” (2020), “Next Generation Partners” (2021, 2022), "Leading Lawyers" (2023)
- Louisiana Super Lawyers®, "Super Lawyers" (2006, 2009-present) and "Top 25 Women Attorneys in Louisiana" (2023)
- ERISA Fiduciary Answer Book (Wolters Kluwer 11th ed. 2022) [Co-Author]
- ERISA Fiduciary Answer Book (Wolters Kluwer 10th ed. 2021) [Co-Author]
- ERISA Fiduciary Answer Book (Wolters Kluwer 9th ed. 2019) [Co-Author]
- ERISA Litigation (BNA 6th ed. 2017 & 2018 Supp.), "When is Preliminary Relief Available"
- Employee Benefits Law (Bloomberg BNA) [Contribution Author 2005-present], Chapter 10, Fiduciary Responsibility
- "Legal Ethics in Employee Benefits: The Fiduciary Exception and Other Practice Dilemmas” ALI-CLE 2021 Employee Benefit Plans Program (August 2021)
- Employee Benefit Plan Investment Litigation," ABA Employee Benefits Committee Midwinter Meeting (February 5, 2021) [panel presenter]
- "Arbitration of ERISA Claims," ABA Joint Committee on Employee Benefits (December 15, 2020)
- "Hot-Button Employee Benefits Issues for Employment Litigators," 14th Annual ABA Section of Labor and Employment Law Conference (November 2020) [panel presenter]