Victor Navasca Corpuz is a principal in the Dallas, Texas, office of Jackson Lewis P.C. Since joining the firm in June 2000, he has handled workers’ compensation retaliation cases, all claims of discrimination under Title VII, FMLA, ADA, and ADEA and their state law equivalents and cases under the FLSA.
After law school, Victor practiced for eleven years in insurance defense, handling medical malpractice cases, wrongful death cases, and employment law litigation. Victor is a frequent writer and speaker on employment-related topics.
Victor was born in Manila, Philippines. He is an avid golfer, a huge Dallas Mavericks fan, a coach to his son’s soccer and baseball teams, and plays the piano in his spare time.
Honors and Recognitions
- The Best Lawyers in America©, "Employment Law - Management" (2018-present)
Pro Bono and Community Involvement
- Literacy Instruction for Texas (LIFT), volunteer adult literacy teacher (1994-2000)
- North Texas Committee for Culture and the Arts, former Secretary to Board of Directors
- Saint Rita’s Catholic Church in Dallas, Texas, Pianist for Contemporary Choir (1990-2003)
- Susan G. Komen for the Cure
- "Evaluating Disabilities and Accommodation under ADAAA," Dallas Bar Association’s Headnotes, pg. 5 (December 2012) [Co-Author]
- "Employment Litigation – Claims, Defenses and Practical Tips," University of Houston Law Foundation (February 2008) [Author]
- "Defending with Fewer Arrows in Their Quiver: Whether the FDIC and RTC Owe Duties to Officers and Directors of Failed Banks," Tort and Insurance Practice Section Newsletter (Winter 1993) [Author]
- "Retaliation Update," The Texas Six-Step, a CLE Day for Corporate Counsel (September 2009) [Author]
- "Old Frustrations and New Challenges: Handling Tricky Leave and Accommodation Issues under the ADA and FMLA," Texas Employment Law and HR Forum (April 2009) [Author]
- "How to be a Successful Summer Associate and/or First Year Associate," Dallas Asian American Bar Association Career Night (September 2007) [Author]
- "Why Arbitrate/Mediate? The Critical Factors in Choosing ADR for Employers," Texas Minority Counsel Program (September 2007) [Author]
- "Are You Thy Brother's Keeper: The Evolving Law of Negligent Hiring and Negligent Retention," Lorman Education Services Seminar - Hiring Issues in Texas (June 2001) [Author]