Vincent J. Tersigni is the office managing principal in the Cleveland, Ohio, office of Jackson Lewis P.C. Vince focuses exclusively on representing employers in both the public and private sectors in labor and employment law matters.
His experience includes employment discrimination, non-competition litigation, wage and hour, unemployment compensation, civil rights, union negotiations, arbitrations, union elections, State Employment Relations Board (SERB), National Labor Relations Board (NLRB), and Occupational Safety & Health Administration (OSHA) matters.
A significant part of Vince’s practice involves advising employers regarding compliance with state and federal employment laws, preventing labor-related disputes, whistleblower claims, conducting effective workplace investigations, and implementing effective personnel policies. He defends employers in single and class action employment litigation in state and federal courts and agencies.
Vince is certified by the Ohio State Bar Association as a specialist in labor and employment law.
Vince is a frequent lecturer on labor and employment law topics for state and local bar associations, human resource organizations, and chambers of commerce. He has spoken on topics such the Americans with Disabilities Act, the Family Medical Leave Act, drug testing, sexual harassment, employment at-will, wage and hour, union avoidance, personnel policies, conducting effective workplace investigations, among others.
Vince has authored articles on labor and employment law issues which have appeared in multiple publications, including the Akron Beacon Journal, Smart Business, Midwest In-House, Business First, Crain’s Cleveland Business, and The Examiner Magazine.
Honors and Recognitions
- American Lawyer Media, “Top Rated Lawyer in Health Care” (2013)
- The Best Lawyers in America©, “Labor Law – Management” and “Litigation – Labor and Employment” (2019-present)
- Inside Business Magazine, Northeast Ohio “Leading Lawyer” in labor and employment law (2002-present)
- Martindale-Hubbell®, “AV Preeminent® - Peer Rated for Highest Level of Professional Excellence” (2001-present)
- Ohio Super Lawyers®, “Super Lawyers” (2004-2006, 2008-present)
Pro Bono and Community Involvement
- Alzheimer’s Association, Greater East Ohio Area Chapter
- CYO & Community Services
- Family Services/Greenleaf Family Center
- Leadership Akron
- Mobile Meals
- OPEN M
- Rockynol Retirement Community
- Urban Vision, Inc.