Andrew D. La Fiura is a principal and office litigation manager in the Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, office of Jackson Lewis P.C. He has nearly 20 years of experience as an employment law litigator.
Andrew represents clients involved in all types of employment actions in state and federal court and routinely handles administrative matters in front of the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (“EEOC”) and the Pennsylvania Human Relations Commission (“PHRC”). In addition, Andrew regularly represents clients in New Jersey state and federal court actions.
Some of Andrew's recent litigation success includes:
- Obtaining summary judgment in favor of national department store in age discrimination case;
- Obtaining summary judgment in favor of national auto parts retailer in federal litigation involving claims of ethnicity and race discrimination;
- Obtaining total dismissal of federal litigation against national retailer alleging wrongful termination based on an employee’s criminal history;
- Obtaining dismissal of invasion of privacy claims in federal case relating to employee’s termination for refusal to take a drug test;
- Enforcing arbitration agreements in federal court on behalf of national retail clients.
Andrew also devotes a significant portion of his practice to training managers and supervisors on litigation avoidance, focusing on how to comply with applicable laws and regulations, avoid workplace disputes, resolve employee relations problems, and satisfy legitimate employee expectations.
Honors and Recognitions
- The Best Lawyers in America©, "Litigation - Labor and Employment" (2018-present)
- Super Lawyers®, "Rising Stars" (2008-2010)
No aspect of this or any advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey. For all award methodology, see Awards and Honors Methodology.