Aimee Guthat is a principal in the Detroit, Michigan, office Jackson Lewis P.C. Her practice is focused on partnering with clients to develop strategic and operational planning for matters related to employment-based immigration and corporate compliance.
Aimee has built her practice representing a wide range of corporate clients, from small and mid-size companies to large multinational organizations in a variety of industries, including original equipment manufacturers in the automotive industry, international financial services institutions, and major product and technology suppliers within the automotive industry. Her practice includes all aspects of U.S. immigration, including nonimmigrant visas, labor certification and permanent residence, citizenship, LCA and I-9 compliance, and immigration support for corporate restructuring.
Honors and Recognitions
- DBusiness, "Top Lawyers: Immigration Law" (2023)
- The Best Lawyers in America©, "Immigration Law" (2020-present)
- Crain’s Detroit Business, "Notable Women Lawyers in Michigan" (2017)
- Legal 500 USA, “Recommended Attorney” (2021)
- Super Lawyers®, "Rising Stars" (2013)
Pro Bono and Community Involvement
- AILA Military Assistance Program, Pro Bono Attorney
- Michigan Immigrant Rights Commission, Pro Bono Attorney
- Southern Law Poverty Center, Pro Bono Attorney
- “Changes in Immigration Law and Policy in the United States,” Federal Bar Association, Eastern District of Michigan Chapter (Detroit, MI, April 2017) (Keynote Speaker)