Emmett F. McGee is a principal in the Baltimore, Maryland, office of Jackson Lewis P.C. He represents employers in all aspects of employment law and human resource management, including employment discrimination, wage and hour issues, and affirmative action planning.
In addition to advice and counsel on a broad range of employment issues, Emmett’s practice includes litigation in state and federal courts throughout the country, as well as before administrative agencies and arbitration panels. He has extensive experience in wage and hour matters, including Department of Labor audits, collective action, and class action litigation. He also has extensive experience in the areas of employment contracts, trade secrets and restrictive covenants, and related litigation, as well as the litigation of ERISA claims and stock option claims.
He has been recognized as one of the country's leading labor and employment lawyers in Chambers USA: America's Leading Lawyers for Business, which called him "a major player in the employment field," an "outstanding litigator," and a "very smart attorney."
Honors and Recognitions
- Business Today, "Top 10 Influential Labor & Employment Lawyers in Maryland" (2023)
- Baltimore Labor Law-Management “Lawyer of the Year" (2014)
- The Best Lawyers in America©, "Employment Law - Management", "Labor Law - Management" and "Litigation - Labor and Employment (2011-present)
- Chambers USA, “Labor & Employment” (2010-present)
- Martindale-Hubbell®, "AV Preeminent® - Peer Rated for Highest Level of Professional Excellence" (1996-present)
- Maryland Super Lawyers®, "Super Lawyers" (2007-present)