Kathleen McGinley is a principal and the office litigation manager of the Baltimore, Maryland, office of Jackson Lewis P.C. She is an experienced litigator and represents private and public sector employers in all areas of employment law.
Kathleen provides compliance advice and preventative training to employers, including the development and establishment of essential employment policies and handbooks to address multi-state needs. She also counsels employers on real-time, complex employment decisions, such as difficult terminations and disability accommodation requests.
In addition to providing this broad range of advice and counsel, Kathleen also is a practiced litigator. She regularly defends businesses in all types of employment-related litigation, including claims for unpaid wages and overtime under the FLSA and state law, claims of discrimination, harassment, wrongful termination and retaliation, and claims of employment-related torts, such as invasion of privacy and defamation, in state and federal courts, in arbitration and before administrative bodies. She also regularly advises clients and handles disputes arising from employment contracts, including the enforcement or breach of restrictive covenants and the handling of trade secrets.
Honors and Recognitions
- The Best Lawyers in America©, “Ones to Watch: Corporate Governance and Compliance Law” (2021), “Employment Law – Management” and “Litigation - Labor and Employment” (2023-present)
- Maryland Super Lawyers®, “Rising Stars” (2015-present)
Pro Bono and Community Involvement
- Business Volunteers Maryland, GIVE Advisory Committee (2015-2016)
- Business Volunteers Maryland, GIVE Class Member (2014)
- Creative Alliance, Board Member
- Homeless Persons Representation Project, Former Board Member
magna cum laude
magna cum laude