Joshua A. Sliker is a principal and the office litigation manager in the Las Vegas, Nevada, office of Jackson Lewis P.C. His practice focuses on representing employers in workplace law matters, including preventive advice and counsel.
While attending law school, Joshua was an articles editor of IDEA: The Intellectual Property Law Review and participated in the Consumer and Commercial Practice Clinic. During his undergraduate studies, Joshua led several student organizations and was recognized for his leadership by the National Association for Campus Activities.
Several recent accomplishments include:
- Appellate decision for the defendant in personal injury case, state court, Nevada
- Appellate decision for the defendant in non-profit industry in personal injury case, state court, Nevada
- Jury verdict for non-profit entity in property damage case, state court, Nevada
Prior to joining Jackson Lewis, Joshua was an attorney with a Las Vegas litigation firm.
Honors and Recognitions
- The Best Lawyers in America©, “Litigation – Labor and Employment” (2024) and “Ones to Watch: Litigation - Labor and Employment” (2021)
- Mountain States Super Lawyers®, “Rising Stars” (2016-present)
Pro Bono and Community Involvement
- Truancy Diversion Program, Former Judge (2014)
- “A Survey of the Law of Non-Contractual Indemnity and Contribution: Nevada,” International Society of Primerus Law Firms (April 2012 & 2015)
- “Misrepresentation of HIV Transmission Risk in Intimate Relationships,” J.L. & Soc. Dev., 242 (2015)
- “Using Subpoenas to Obtain Medical Records,” Primerus Paradigm (Spring 2015)
- “Workplace Diversity, Equity and Inclusion: Considerations from Across Organizational Employment, and Data Privacy and Security Perspectives," The LGBTQ+ Bar (Los Angeles, CA, July 2022) (moderator)
- “Find it Free and Fast on the Net: Strategies for Legal Research on the Web – Discover the Invisible Web,” National Business Institute (Las Vegas, NV, December 2015) (presenter)
- “Find it Free and Fast on the Net: Strategies for Legal Research on the Web – Locating Companies for Due Diligence and Background Information,” National Business Institute (Las Vegas, NV, December 2015) (presenter)
magna cum laude
magna cum laude