Martin W. Aron is a principal in the Berkeley Heights, New Jersey, office of Jackson Lewis P.C.; where he has served as the litigation manager. For more than 35 years, he has represented employers in all facets of labor and employment matters.
Marty has significant jury trial, bench trial and arbitration experience and is one of approximately two percent of the attorneys in the state who are certified by the Supreme Court of New Jersey as a Certified Civil Trial Attorney. He regularly litigates in state and federal courts, administrative agencies and arbitration forums for both unionized and non-union employers. He has been named by his peers as one of the top 100 New Jersey Super Lawyers.
Through his extensive experience, Marty has also become a trusted advisor to management on complex, multi-state compliance issues and internal investigations. He is known as a business-oriented attorney who seeks practical and cost-efficient solutions for Fortune 100 companies with national and international operations as well as emerging companies.
He advises employers in a wide range of industries, including healthcare, insurance, pharmaceuticals, life sciences, hospitality, travel and nonprofit institutions.
Marty is a Fellow in the College of Labor & Employment Lawyers and immediate past president of the Academy of New Jersey Management Attorneys. He co-chairs the Labor & Employment Committee for the New Jersey Bar Association’s Business Law Section and is a member of the Executive Committee of its Labor & Employment Law section. Marty is also a Fellow in the American Bar Foundation and a regional editor for ABA/Bloomberg publication, Employment at Will, A State-By-State Survey.
Honors and Recognitions
- The Best Lawyers in America©, “Employment Law – Management,” “Labor Law – Management,” and “Litigation – Labor and Employment” (2014-present)
- The Best Lawyers in America©, “Lawyer of the Year: Labor Law - Management” (2022)
- Chambers USA, “Labor & Employment” (2017-present)
- The College of Labor and Employment Lawyers, “New Jersey Fellow - Management”
- Martindale-Hubbell®, “AV Preeminent® - Peer Rated for Highest Level of Professional Excellence” (2012-present)
- New Jersey Super Lawyers®, “Super Lawyers” (2005-present)
- “Employment-At-Will: A State-By-State Survey,” ABA/Bloomberg (2022)
- “Minimizing Employment and Termination Exposures,” Risk Factor (July 2007)
- “Avoiding Liability for Workplace Courtships: Office Romances Lead Employers to Test the Use of Love Contracts,” New Jersey Law Journal, Vol. CLVIII, No 2, Index 110 (April 2007) [Co-Author]
- “Employers Oppose Enactment of Employee Free Choice Act,” Andrews Litigation Reporter (April 2007) [Co-Author]
- “New Jersey Labor & Employment Law,” NJ Institute of Continuing Legal Education [Contributing Author]
No aspect of this or any advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey. For all award methodology, see Awards and Honors Methodology.