Michael J. Moberg is a principal in the Minneapolis, Minnesota, office of Jackson Lewis P.C. Mike has more than 25 years of experience focusing his practice on labor and preventive practices and general employment litigation and counseling.
Mike's traditional labor experience includes assisting employers facing union organizing attempts, representing employers before the National Labor Relations Board and federal courts, negotiating collective bargaining agreements and providing advice and counsel on labor negotiations strategy, defending employers in labor arbitrations, and advice on strike planning and unlawful secondary boycotts.
Mike's employment law experience ranges from advising clients in minimizing legal exposure, preventive management and employee training to defending clients in administrative and legal forums on matters relating to discrimination (including race, age, sex, national origin, disability and sexual harassment), retaliation, Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA), whistleblower, employment contract, Fair Labor Standard Act (FLSA) and non-compete issues.
Mike has significant experience representing clients in a wide range of industries, including Energy and Utilities, Manufacturing, Metals and Coatings, Healthcare, Automotive, Financial Services, Retail, Food and Beverage Packaging, and Hospitality.
Mike frequently speaks and writes on labor and employment law matters for businesses as well as educational institutions and is a regular contributing editor to the authoritative labor law treatise, The Developing Labor Law, and its annual Cumulative Supplements, published by the American Bar Association.
Honors and Recognitions
- The Best Lawyers in America©, "Employment Law - Management" (2020-present)
- College of Labor and Employment Lawyers, Fellow (2017)
- Labor Relations Institute, Top 100 Labor Attorney in the United States (2010)
- Minnesota State Bar Association, Certified as a Labor & Employment Law Specialist
- Minnesota Super Lawyers®, "Super Lawyers" (2015-present)
Pro Bono and Community Involvement
- Southern Minnesota Regional Legal Services
- The Developing Labor Law, Cumulative Supplement (American Bar Association, 2000-present) [Contributing Editor]
- "NLRB Decides to Prosecute Franchisor McDonald’s" (August 2014) [Co-Author]
- "To Post or Not to Post the NLRB Employee Rights Poster – That is the Question" (April 2012) [Author]
- The Developing Labor Law, Sixth Edition (American Bar Association, 2012) [Contributing Editor]
- "What Employers Need to Know About OSHA’s Interim Rule on Sarbanes-Oxley Retaliation" (November 2011) [Author]
- Annual Fall Labor & Employment Law Institute, sponsored by the Minnesota State Bar Association, the EEOC and the NLRB (2011-2019) (presenter and planning committee member)
- Upper Midwest Employment Law Institute (2016-2020) (presenter)
summa cum laude
summa cum laude