Patricia Anderson Pryor is the office managing principal of the Cincinnati and Dayton, Ohio, and Louisville, Kentucky, offices and is also a client solutions leader of Jackson Lewis P.C. Patty is an experienced litigator in both state and federal courts, representing and defending employers in nearly every form of employment litigation, including class actions.
Patty is a core team member of the firm’s Disability, Leave & Health Management practice group. As a leader of the COVID-19 Taskforce, she has advised hundreds of companies across the country on everything from vaccine mandates, to remote work challenges, to safe return to work policies and practices.
When she is not fighting COVID-19, Patty represents and advises employers in federal and state administrative proceedings, in all forms of dispute resolution, including mediation and arbitration, and in managing all aspects of the employment relationship. She has represented employers before the EEOC, the DOL, the DOJ, OSHA, the OFCCP, and the NLRB, in addition to various state agencies.
Patty also works with employers to avoid litigation by developing effective policies and practices, including harassment policies, social media policies, FMLA practices, attendance programs, affirmative action programs and wellness plans. She conducts proactive wage and hour audits, harassment investigations and compensation/pay equity reviews.
She is a frequent speaker at legal seminars and to employers and professional groups and provides training to managers and human resource professionals on a wide variety of employment and legal issues, including wage and hour issues, harassment, the Americans with Disabilities Act, the Family and Medical Leave Act, pay equity and affirmative action obligations. She has been featured on the radio program “Employment Straight Talk” and has published a number of employment law articles.
While attending law school, Patty was a member of the editorial board of the University of Cincinnati Law Review.
Honors and Recognitions
- The Best Lawyers in America©, "Employment Law - Management" and "Litigation - Labor and Employment" (2018-present)
- Super Lawyers®, "Rising Stars" (2011-2013) and "Super Lawyers" (2015-present)
- Legal 500 USA, “Recommended Attorney” (2022)
Pro Bono and Community Involvement
- Boys & Girls Clubs of Clermont County, Past Vice President and Board Member
- Clermont County Public Library, Past Member of Board of Trustees
- The Family and Medical Leave Act, 2nd ed. (Bureau of National Affairs, Inc. 2017) [Contributing Author]
- "How to Survive the Whistleblower Epidemic," Employment Law Strategist (December 2012) [Author]
- "Mandatory Flu Shots?" Employment Law Strategist (July 2012) [Author]
- "Managing Employee Leave under the ADAAA and FMLA," Employment Law Strategist (March 2012) [Author]
- "Resolving FLSA Claims Without Overpaying the Plaintiff’s Attorney," Employment Law Strategist (June 2011) [Author]
- "Tracking Hours in a Virtual World," Employment Law Strategist (December 2010) [Author]
- "Conducting an Effective and Preventative Compensation Review," Accounting & Financial Planning for Law Firms (August 2010) [Author]
- "Conducting an Effective and Preventative Compensation Review," Employment Law Strategist (July 2010) [Author]
- "Putting Out the Fire Created by Ricci," Employment Law Strategist (September 2009) [Author]
- "The Computer Fraud And Abuse Act and Former Employees," Employment Law Strategist (July 2009) [Author]
- "Training Required to Ensure Equal Access for Disabled Individuals," Shopping Center Legal Update (Fall-Winter 2008) [Author]
- "No Genes in the Workplace: Issues Raised by the Genetic Information Nondiscrimination Act," Employment Law Strategist (November 2008) [Author]
- "Perceived Mental Impairment in the Workplace," Employment Law Strategist (October 2008) [Author]
- "The Disabling Effects of the ADAAA," Law360 (October 23, 2008) [Author]
- "Paying Now to Avoid Paying Later: Conducting a Compensation Analysis that Complies with OFCCP’s Requirements," Employment Law Strategist (June 2008) [Author]
- "Wellness Programs: Complying with the ADA and HIPAA," Employment Law Strategist (August 2007) [Author]
- Employment Discrimination Law. ABA. 2002 Cumulative Supplement [Chapter Contributor]
summa cum laude
Phi Beta Kappa
summa cum laude
Phi Beta Kappa