Raymond P. Turner is of counsel in the Dallas, Texas, office of Jackson Lewis P.C. He is Board Certified in Tax Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization.
Coming out of a strong tax background, Raymond has developed extensive experience in all aspects of employee benefits law, including the design and maintenance of qualified and nonqualified retirement plans, welfare plans, equity and executive compensation, ERISA Title I fiduciary and other matters, governmental plans, church plans, dealing with plans in mergers and acquisitions and representing clients in plan-related audits and other matters before the Internal Revenue Service and the Department of Labor. Of note is that Raymond has advised a foreign government on the privatization of its social security system.
With almost 30 years in employee benefits practice, Raymond is among the firm's most experienced lawyers in this important field.
Honors and Recognitions
- Legal 500 USA, "Recommended Attorney" (2018)
- Martindale-Hubbell®, "AV Preeminent® - Peer Rated for Highest Level of Professional Excellence" (2003-present)
Pro Bono and Community Involvement
- Dallas Symphony Orchestra Guild, Past President
- "Watch Out for New Calif. Laws Affecting Employers Relating to Health Coverage," Law.com (December 2019) [Co-Author]
- "Non-Complying ERISA Claims Procedures Could Be Costly," Mealey's Litigation Report ERISA 37 1.8 (December 2002) [Author]
- "Foreign Taxation Highlights of the Tax Reform Act of 1986," The International Lawyer 21 (Spring 1987) [Author]