Robert D. Vogel is a principal and the office litigation manager of the Salt Lake City, Utah, office of Jackson Lewis P.C. He is also a principal in the firm’s Los Angeles office who is licensed to practice law in both Utah and California. For nearly 50 years, Bob has developed a reputation in all aspects of labor and employment litigation.
Bob is the only principal in Jackson Lewis’ Utah and Los Angeles offices who handles both traditional labor law and employment litigation. He is a member of the American Arbitration Association’s Southern California panel of neutral employment arbitrators.
At Jackson Lewis, Bob represents employers in all types of employment litigation including contractual, harassment, discrimination, retaliation, false claims disputes, failure to accommodate, wrongful termination wage and hour disputes and collective representative and class actions.
Bob’s collective representative and class action litigation experience includes claims involving issues such as exempt/non-exempt status, meal and rest periods, future chargebacks on prior commissions paid, working off-the-clock, failure to pay overtime, accurate wage statements, failure to reimburse for business expenses and statutory penalties for failure to pay due and owing compensation.
Bob has seven children and 24 grandchildren and besides his family, his outside interests include sports, politics, church and community service.
Honors and Recognitions
- The Best Lawyers in America©, "Employment Law - Management" and "Litigation - Labor and Employment" (2018-present)
- Labor Relations Institute, Inc., Top 100 Labor Attorneys in the United States
- Martindale-Hubbell®, "AV Preeminent® - Peer Rated for Highest Level of Professional Excellence" (1996-present)
- "Attorney's Fees Under the Ladrum-Griffith Act: The Need for Union Therapeutics," Loyola of Los Angeles Law School Law Review (1974) [Author]
- "Bodle, Fogel, Jubiler & Rothschild: Law Firm Not Engaged in Interstate Commerce to Warrant NLRB Jurisdiction," Loyola Law School Law Review [Author]