Stephanie L. Adler-Paindiris is a principal in the Orlando, Florida, office of Jackson Lewis P.C. She is a member of the firm’s Board of Directors and serves as co-leader of the firm's Litigation practice group. Admitted to the United States Supreme Court and federal courts throughout the country, Stephanie defends class and collective actions on behalf of employers and provides legal advice and counsel to help her clients navigate today’s legal and business workplace challenges.
Stephanie is no stranger to any forum where her clients find themselves faced with litigating plaintiffs’ claims. Clients rely on Stephanie to fearlessly put her head into the mouth of the lion as she defends employers against complex class and collective actions as well as claims of discrimination, retaliation or whistleblowing activity. Stephanie has represented clients in over a dozen trials before juries and judges in state and federal courts, as well as appearing before administrative juries and agencies. She participates in arbitrations and administrative hearings before the Florida Division of Administrative Hearings as well as AAA and FINRA.
Despite her willingness to go head-to-head with an adversary, Stephanie is equally passionate about building partnerships of trust and confidence with her clients. She understands that a lawyer-client relationship does not exist solely in the context of a litigation but develops by way of communication and transparency. She works closely with clients to provide on-going legal support and counsel, partnering with clients to provide training in all areas of employment law and advocating for proactive risk management and litigation avoidance.
The same dedication Stephanie brings to her client relationships she models in her relationships with firm colleagues. She has served the firm in leadership roles and makes time to mentor and support lawyers in their professional development, and ultimately the pursuit for partnership. Prior to her new leadership role in the firm’s national litigation practice, Stephanie served as co-leader of the Class Actions and Complex Litigation practice group. She has also served as co-leader of the firm’s Women’s Interest Network working alongside women attorneys and clients to advocate for women’s leadership and the expansion of all diversity and inclusion initiatives.
Stephanie is active in her community supporting a number of organizations that have created opportunities for her five children. She is also passionate about volunteering her time and services to the Wounded Warrior Project.
Honors and Recognitions
- Burton Awards, “Distinguished Legal Writing Award” (2023)
- Florida Legal Awards, “Distinguished Leader” (2023)
- The Best Lawyers in America©, “Employment Law – Management” and “Litigation – Labor and Employment” (2019-present)
- BTI Consulting Group, “Client Service All-Star” (2017, 2023)
- Chambers USA, “Labor & Employment” (2017-present)
- Legal 500 USA, “Recommended Attorney” (2017-2022)
- Martindale-Hubbell®, “Distinguished® – Peer Rated for High Professional Achievement” (1999-present)
- Thomson Reuters, “Thomson Reuters Stand-out Lawyer – Independently Rated Lawyers”
Pro Bono and Community Involvement
- Congregation of Reform Judaism Volunteer
- Wounded Warrior Project
- “ACC Quick Overview: What In-House Counsel Needs to Know About the New Federal Law Ending Arbitration of Sexual Assault and Sexual Harassment Claims in the United States,” Association of Corporate Counsel (May 26, 2022) [Co-Author]
- “Judge Jackson's Employment Rulings Embody Pragmatism,” Law360 (March 2022) [Co-Author]