About this industry
Today's healthcare organizations are navigating unprecedented complexity. Having counseled more than 1,800 healthcare clients, we offer deep industry experience and established best practices to help our clients adapt to emerging industry labor and employment challenges and regulatory demands.
Our attorneys are focused primarily on addressing and shaping the issues that drive the healthcare industry. We keep clients up to date on the workplace law trends in the healthcare industry through active participation in national and regional associations.
Our Healthcare industry team understands the impact that today’s changing regulatory and reimbursement environment has on healthcare institutions as employers and strategic partners. Value-based purchasing, population health management and “accountable care,” as well as the pressure on providers to consider restructures, enhanced consolidation, integration and coordination all play a role in the healthcare workplace. Because we understand that all of these factors are interconnected, we are able to partner with our clients, positioning them to thrive in a rapidly evolving industry.
Services we offer
- Advising and counseling with respect to hospital/physician relationships in matters such as credentialing, hospital/medical staff governance, physician peer review, hospital/physician joint-employment issues and physician partnership agreements;
- Trade secret protection and restrictive covenant counseling, including advising on employment agreements, non-competition agreements and related protective instruments effective during and after employment;
- Prosecuting and defending lawsuits involving post-employment non-competition and non-solicitation agreements, employee raiding claims, unfair competition claims and other employment-related business torts;
- Advising clients on mitigating joint employer risk in connection with their subcontractors and temporary staff such as emergency department physicians and anesthesia service arrangements, dining and environmental services contractors, and travelers and other temporary staff arrangements, including locum tenens;
- Advising on OSHA compliance in the healthcare workplace, addressing enforcement initiatives such as the National Emphasis Program targeting nursing homes and long-term care facilities, with a key focus on ergonomics, tuberculosis and blood-borne pathogens; and
- Advising on HIPAA/HITECH/state law compliance concerning data privacy and security, including risk assessments, policy drafting, training, data breach response and Office for Civil Rights investigations.
We regularly advise healthcare industry employers on the full range of labor and employment issues, and, critically, how those issues uniquely affect all types of healthcare organizations and businesses.