About this industry
The insurance industry serves a vital role in developing risk management and risk transfer strategies and products so that businesses can continue to innovate and prosper.
Providing all types of organizations with the requisite security to operate in today’s litigious society has never been more challenging, as the insurance industry itself continues to face heightened regulatory scrutiny. At the same time, big data and IoT are revolutionizing how insurance carriers can assess and protect against risk, creating infinite possibilities for growth.
Services we offer
- Defending the entire range of workplace law litigation, including discrimination, harassment, retaliation, and related tort claims before administrative agencies and in courts;
- Defending employment, wage and hour, fiduciary (including ESOP-related), and other workplace law class actions;
- Defending allegations of wrongdoing under the False Claims Act, breaches of contractual or statutory obligations, qui tam actions and a host of other non-discrimination claims;
- Conducting internal investigations in a variety of areas, including Foreign Corrupt Practices Act, Anti-Money Laundering/Bank Secrecy Act, human trafficking, health care fraud, securities fraud, mortgage fraud, bank fraud, embezzlement, conversion and computer intrusion incidents;
- Assisting with preventive measures such as company-wide audits to ensure consistent implementation of pay and promotion policies and wage and hour compliance;
- Advising on compensation and benefits plans as well as the entire range of employee benefits matters;
- Reviewing employment handbook policies and designing training for management personnel;
- Advising on compliance with privacy and data security mandates across the country, including compliance with HIPAA privacy laws; and
- Providing data-driven compliance assessments and talent analytics for management.
As approved defense panel counsel for virtually every major insurance carrier writing policies for U.S. employment law risks, we understand how the insurance industry works and design legal strategies with this knowledge in mind.