Adam G. Guttell is a principal in the Long Island, New York, office of Jackson Lewis P.C. His practice focuses on representing employers in workplace law matters, including preventive advice and counseling.
Adam advises and represents employers in a broad range of employment law matters, including those involving discrimination and harassment, wage and hour, wrongful termination, and retaliation claims. He also advises and trains managers and supervisors on preventive litigation practices, focusing on how to comply with applicable laws and regulations, avoid workplace disputes, resolve employee relations problems, and satisfy legitimate employee expectations.
Adam’s practice also involves preparation and enforcement of restrictive covenants. He actively litigates restrictive covenant matters, including breaches of non-competition, non-solicitation and confidentiality agreements.
During law school, Adam was the chief justice of the Moot Court Honor Society.
Honors and Recognitions
- Long Island Business Journal, "Who's Who in Intellectual Property & Property Law" (2023)
- The Best Lawyers in America©, "Labor Law – Management" (2023)
Pro Bono & Community Involvement
- Long Island Pro Bono Partnership, Participating Attorney
- “Back To School And Back To Work: Employer Checklist of Common Issues,” MD News (September 19, 2016) [Co-Author]
- “How The Presidential Election May Affect Employers,” MD News (June 17, 2016) [Co-Author]
- “The Employment Lawyer’s Perspective: Are Your Practice’s Agreements Enforceable,” MD News (April 23, 2015) [Co-Author]
- “Violence In the Workplace Affects Everyone,” M.D. News (March 20, 2011) [Co-Author]
- “When a No Non-compete Is Really An Implied Non-solicit,” M.D. News (November 20, 2010) [Co-Author]
- “ADA Amendments More In Line With New York State and City Law,” New York Law Journal, Vol. 241, No. 74 (April 20, 2009) [Co-Author]
- “Employment Litigation Avoidance For Fire Districts & Fire Departments,” Brookhaven Town Fire Commissioners Annual Conference (Centereach, NY, March 18, 2017) (presenter)
- Long Island Business News, Human Resources Roundtable (Westbury, NY, October 2016) (panelist)
- “Making Bonus Programs FMLA Compliant,” Lorman Education Services Webinar (September 19, 2016) (presenter)
- “From Disability Leave to Progressive Discipline: Effective Human Resource Management for Today’s Medical Practice,” MGMA NYC Chapter Conference (New York, NY, December 8, 2015) (presenter)
- Trade Nassau Business Breakfast Panel (Bethpage, NY, October 16, 2015) (panelist)
- “The New York Wage Theft Prevention Act: What's Old, New, and How To Comply,” Lawline.com (July 14, 2015) (presenter)
- “How To Handle An Employment Discrimination Case,” New York County Lawyers’ Association CLE (New York, NY, May 26, 2015) (panelist)
- “Risk Solutions In The Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) World,” Association of Hospital Risk Managers New York Chapter Winter Conference, (New York, NY, December 2014) (presenter)
- LISTNet Presentation on Bring Your Own Devices and Use of Restrictive Covenant to Manage Protectable Interests (Melville, NY, Spring 2013) (presenter)