Bernard G. Dennis, III is an associate in the Washington, D.C. Region office of Jackson Lewis P.C. He assists clients in the investigation and defense of wage and hour, discrimination, and retaliation claims before administrative agencies and state and federal courts, including class and collective actions.
Prior to joining Jackson Lewis, Bernard worked with a Mid-Atlantic litigation law firm where he provided counsel to clients involved in construction, employment, and professional liability disputes including director and officer liability claims.
Before entering private practice, Bernard clerked for the Honorable Cheryl A. McCally, Associate Judge for the Circuit Court for Montgomery County, Maryland. In law school, he worked for the Villanova University School of Law Civil Justice Clinic, represented Villanova at the National Baseball Arbitration Competition, and was recognized for drafting the 2011 Best International Law Memorial.
Honors and Recognitions
- The Best Lawyers in America©, “Ones to Watch: Labor and Employment Law – Management" and "Ones to Watch: Litigation – Labor and Employment” (2023-present)
Pro Bono and Community Involvement
- Montgomery County Little League, Coach
- MSBA High School Mock Trial, Judge
- MSBA Wills for Heroes, Pro Bono Attorney
- NLRB Changes Standards For Joint Employers And Lawful Policies in Effort to Bring Needed Certainty For Employers, Legally Speaking Volume XXXVI (February 2018) [Author]