Beverly W. Garofalo is a principal in the Hartford, Connecticut, office of Jackson Lewis P.C. She has substantial experience representing employers in court and before administrative agencies.
Beverly regularly counsels employers on a wide range of employment issues, including sexual harassment; discrimination; accommodating disabled employees; family and medical leave laws; wage and hour laws; hiring, disciplining and terminating employees; downsizing and reductions-in-force; independent contractor, employment, non-competition and confidentiality agreements; mergers and acquisitions; and outsourcing. In 2012, she prevailed in a federal court jury trial in a case involving claims of pregnancy discrimination.
Beverly speaks and writes extensively on current labor and employment law issues. She also conducts management training on all topics including harassment prevention, workplace privacy, effective management, and equal employment opportunity law.
Following graduation from law school, Beverly was a law clerk to the Hon. Chief Justice Ellen Ash Peters of the Connecticut Supreme Court.
Honors and Recognitions
- The Best Lawyers in America©, "Lawyer of the Year: Employment Law - Management" (2021)
- The Best Lawyers in America©, "Employment Law - Management" and "Labor Law - Management" (2008-present)
- Chambers USA, “Labor & Employment” (2008-present)
- Connecticut Super Lawyers®, "Super Lawyers" (2006-present)
- Legal 500 USA, "Recommended Attorney" (2019-2021)
- Martindale-Hubbell®, "Distinguished® - Peer Rated for High Professional Achievement" (2001-present)
- Super Lawyers®, "Top 25: Women Connecticut" (2009)
- Super Lawyers®, "Top 50: Connecticut" (2010-2014, 2017)
- Super Lawyers®, "Top 50: Women New England" (2010)
- “Striking a Blow Against Identity Theft,” Connecticut Law Tribute (October 2008)
- "Employee Reassignment Under the ADA," The Corporate Counselor 22.12 (May 2008) [Author]
- "Is Your General Release Enforceable?" The Corporate Counselor 20.5 (October 2005) [Author]
- "Downsizing in the New Economy - Issues to Consider to Avoid a Layoff Backlash," The Corporate Counselor (February 2001) [Co-Author]
magna cum laude
magna cum laude