Christine Traversi is an associate in the Houston, Texas, office of Jackson Lewis P.C. Her practice primarily focuses on employment-based immigration in all visa categories, including self-sponsored petitions.
Christine is a problem solver for complex and difficult immigration challenges in business immigration, self-sponsored immigrant petitions, cross-border issues, admissions, waivers, naturalization, corporate restructuring, start-ups, Outer Continental Shelf work, and consular processing. For all clients, she develops effective immigration solutions and helps clients navigate the often-changing and increasingly complex immigration processes and government policies. She also assists clients with employment eligibility verification and Form I-9 issues.
Christine’s clients range from large global corporations to individual entrepreneurs and investors. Her industry-related experience includes oil and gas, healthcare, manufacturing, new energy, green energy, hospitality, academic institutions, professional sports, retail, and transportation.
Honors and Recognitions
- The Best Lawyers in America©, “Ones to Watch: Immigration Law” and “Ones to Watch: Labor and Employment Law – Management” (2024)
- Women's Energy Network (WEN), “Rising Stars” (2016)
Pro Bono and Community Involvement
- Houston Bar Association, Golf Fundraising Committee (2023 - present)
- Houston Bar Association, Lawyers for a Beautiful Houston (2023 - present)
- Urban Harvest, Cultivators, Founding Member (2022 - present)
- “Job Changes After the PERM Is Approved: Legal and Ethical Considerations for Experienced Practitioners”, the American Immigration Lawyers Association (Scottsdale, Arizona, August 2023) (panelist)
- “The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly: Forms I-9”, HR Houston (Houston, Texas, March 2023) (presenter)
- “Immigration Basics”, University of Texas 46th Annual Conference on Immigration and Nationality Law (Austin, Texas, September 2022) (presenter)
- “Intro to Immigration”, Houston Paralegal Association (Houston, Texas, June 2022) (presenter)
- “Hot Topics in Business Immigration”, the American Immigration Lawyers Association’s (AILA) Texas, Oklahoma, and New Mexico Chapter Conference (El Paso, Texas, March-April 2022) (panelist)
- “Fundamentals of Business Immigration”, Texas State Bar Immigration Conference (Houston, Texas, February 2021) (presenter)
- “Processing Times: How to address EB-5 adjudication delays”, Green Card by Investment (May, 2023) [Author]