Robert S. Seigel is of counsel in the St. Louis, Missouri, office of Jackson Lewis P.C. He has 40 years of experience in the litigation of labor and employment matters in state and federal courts.
Rob focuses his practice on traditional labor and employment law, representing management in cases before the National Labor Relations Board and other federal and state regulatory agencies, in collective bargaining negotiations and labor arbitrations, and in advising and counseling clients in union avoidance campaigns.
Rob has significant experience with the National Labor Relations Act, having worked at that Agency for many years as both a staff attorney and a manager. During his career, Rob has handled every type of matter cognizable under the National Labor Relations Act, from the simplest to the most complex. His experience includes presenting an oral argument before the National Labor Relations Board.
In addition, Rob has extensive experience representing clients in labor arbitrations. He has defended clients in the full range of labor arbitration issues, including both disciplinary actions and matters of contract interpretation. Clients call on Rob for advice relating to disciplinary issues and collective bargaining.
Rob routinely counsels clients in matters arising under the Fair Labor Standards Act and assists clients in FLSA compliance by conducting internal wage and hour audits. He also helps clients manage the labor legalities of operational changes, including reductions in force, and mergers or acquisitions; and he has considerable experience negotiating and drafting employment-related agreements such as non-compete and confidentiality agreements.
Rob has presented seminars on a variety of topics, including effective supervisory and management techniques, union avoidance, presentation of arbitration cases, wage and hour compliance, compliance with the National Labor Relations Act, sexual harassment, and compliance with the WARN Act.
Honors and Recognitions
- Martindale-Hubbell®, "AV Preeminent® - Peer Rated for Highest Level of Professional Excellence" (1997-present)
Pro Bono and Community Involvement
- Boy Scouts of America, former assistant badge chair
- Orchard Lakes Subdivision Board of Trustees, former Chair and Trustee
- St. Louis Herpetological Society, former Corresponding Secretary and Social Action Chair
- The Developing Labor Law (Bureau of National Affairs, Inc. 1996-2004) [Contributing Editor]
- NLRB New Employee Training Manual (Deferral to Arbitration section) (NLRB 1993) [Author]
- Presented seminars on a variety of topics including effective supervisory and management techniques, union avoidance, presentation of arbitration cases, wage and hour compliance, compliance with the National Labor Relations Act, new developments under the National Labor Relations Act, sexual harassment, managing strikes and work stoppages, and compliance with the WARN Act.