Yvonne N. Maddalena is of counsel in the Birmingham, Alabama, office of Jackson Lewis P.C. Her practice is concentrated in litigation and litigation avoidance, particularly harassment, discrimination, retaliatory discharge and non-compete and non-disclosure matters.
Yvonne has practiced all aspects of litigation in state and federal courts on the trial and appellate levels. Additionally, Yvonne regularly drafts and reviews employee handbooks for companies in Alabama and across the United States.
Prior to joining Jackson Lewis, she obtained broad experience in the areas of commercial and consumer finance, banking, utility, insurance litigation and insurance coverage disputes, as well as litigation matters. Yvonne has written and co-authored numerous articles for a variety of legal publications.
Honors and Recognitions
- AVVO, Women Leaders of the Birmingham Bar (2015)
- Martindale-Hubbell®, "Distinguished® - Peer Rated for High Professional Achievement" (2008-present)
- Super Lawyers®, "Rising Stars" (2010)
Pro Bono and Community Involvement
- Birmingham Volunteer Lawyers Program
- "Social Media and Employers: New Avenues for Liability," Birmingham Bar Bulletin (June 2010) [Author]
- "The Worker Adjustment and Retraining Notification Act: What To Know When Your Client Is Reducing Its Work Force," Birmingham Bar Bulletin (December 2009) [Author]
- "Supreme Court Raises Bar For Disparate Impact Cases," Birmingham Bar Bulletin (September 2009) [Author]
- "Documents Reviewed By A Deponent: Protected Or Not?" Birmingham Bar Bulletin (December 2008) [Author]
- "FINRA Rule 2821: Upcoming Securities Regulation," Birmingham Bar Bulletin (March 2008) [Author]
- "Review of Metadata: Is It Ethical?" Birmingham Bar Bulletin (September 2007) [Author]
- "The Holdings and Implications of Massachusetts v EPA," Birmingham Bar Bulletin (June 2007) [Author]
- "Punitive Damages: Waived By Contract," Birmingham Bar Bulletin (March 2007) [Author]
- "Cyber-Jurisdiction: When Does Use of the Internet Establish Personal Jurisdiction?" Alabama Lawyer (January 2002) [Co-Author]
- "ACPA and UDRP: Bug Repellant," Birmingham Bar Bulletin (December 2000) [Co-Author]
- "Mental Anguish Damages: An Overview of Alabama Law," Birmingham Bar Bulletin (September 2000) [Co-Author]
magna cum laude
magna cum laude