Charles H. Wilson is the office managing principal of the Houston, Texas, office of Jackson Lewis P.C. He is Board Certified in Labor and Employment Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization.
Charles has 25 years of successful experience representing employers in litigation and trials of cases involving claims of discrimination, harassment, breach of non-compete agreements, and misappropriation of trade secrets. Charles also has deep experience and expertise representing employers in class and collective action wage and hour litigation. Notable examples of his successes include:
- Winning summary judgment on behalf of fortune 50 company in age discrimination and retaliation case where plaintiff unsuccessfully pursued spoliation sanctions.
- Winning summary judgments on behalf of a national logistics company and community services organization in separate age discrimination cases where several of the decision makers made ageist remarks.
- Winning two summary judgments for a national logistics company based on the Motor Carrier Exemption in subsequent FLSA collective actions despite the fact that plaintiffs did not actually load or drive trucks in interstate assignments.
- Winning TRO and securing temporary injunction behalf of national inspection company against several departing employees and their new employer in non-compete and misappropriate of trade secrets case.
- Winning TRO and securing temporary injunction in non-compete case on behalf of an international information technology solutions company against a former employee and the employee’s new employer.
- Winning TRO and securing a permanent injunction using the inevitable disclosure theory on behalf of an international pharmaceutical compounding company against a former employee.
- Jury trial defense verdict on behalf of a national jewelry chain in racial profiling case where the plaintiffs utilized “testers” to corroborate discriminatory practices
- Trying to jury verdict breach of change in control agreement on behalf of a national plumbing company.
- Defense of a national nursing home company in jury trial of race discrimination and retaliation claims pursued by former director of human resources.
- Defense of an energy services company in hybrid class and collective wage and hour actions in Texas and Illinois.
- Defeating applications for TRO and temporary injunction against a publicly traded oil and gas energy services company.
- Winning summary judgment on behalf of an international retail energy services company in FMLA interference and retaliation case where plaintiff asserted direct evidence of discrimination and retaliation.
Honors and Recognitions
- The Best Lawyers in America©, “Employment Law – Management” and “Litigation – Labor and Employment” (2024)